BSNL Lines Up Rs. 2,000-Crore Investment to Modernise Itself

Flash

Lost in speed
State-run telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) plans to invest Rs. 2,000 crores for the upgradation of its network, Communications Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Thursday.
"The company has plans to invest Rs. 2,000 crores for the upgradation of its network which includes adding another 21,000 BTS (base transceiver stations). The addition would include 13,000 BTS which the telecom operator would use for its 3G services," he said.

A slew of initiatives which include free night calling from its fixed landline to any other service providers' network, free incoming calls while roaming and upgraded minimum speed of broadband from 512Kbps to 2Mbps have been taken by the company to regain its financial health.

:hug_NF:

BSNL Lines Up Rs. 2,000-Crore Investment to Modernise Itself | NDTV Gadgets360.com

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Admittedly all your comments to be exactly true our @TDF, Friends, but...I am still with BSNL.
Patience might pay us a price.
I am waiting for the min. speed of 2Mbps. :sleeping_NF::gift_NF:
Currently under BSNL BBG Combo 1495 plan.

kg11sgbg

Are you serious? You're one of the very few sane person of Digit left, jeez! Obviously it's meant for ****ing BSNL ONLY! You saddened me

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
My Brother are you serious about my kidding???:laughing_NF:
Every mature person knows that you are venting your ire and frustration to the F*C*ING BSNL,those who are in deep slumber.

Don't get disheartened my brother,I and many of us share the same feelings alike you.

Please don't take it personal,my brother.:duh2:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i just want BSNL FTTH at a reasonable Rs500 per month, with 50GB FUP, 2MBPS post FUP and a rock solid stable connection with great latency to gaming servers.

am i asking too much?

kg11sgbg

No @anirbandd, you are asking for the true and correct costing.
If South Korea and different other ASIAN countries could provide higher bandwidth at a lower price ,what's wrong with us??
No more bullsh!t and cr@p economic theories of our country. This is the year 2016 A.D.

p.s. Even in U.S. and Europe,not each and every person has access to internet. Poverty is also present there.Albeit, at a much lower level/percent than in India.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yep thats too much, wouldnt mind paying 1k for that even

you, dear sir, are spoiled.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean, come on!!

INR500 for FTTH with a 50GB FUP, 2MBPS post FUP is very very justifiable.

and the part involving "rock solid stable connection with great latency to gaming servers", that just means a less lousy state of affairs in the technical department, involving people who know what they are doing and who know that they have to answer to someone if they slip up somewhere.

BSNL already has the monies and resources to take itself to an A-grade ISP. It just does have the mentality. the "chalta hai" and the "babugiri" attitude is what is killing it for them.

its these things that make private companies better at serving than govt enterprises. the employees know that if they slip up, it may very well cost them that next promotion/salary hike or even a termination. if these cultures are imbued in the government machinery, the govt enterprises can very well rise up and beyond the private bodies.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
you, dear sir, are spoiled.

spoiled ? haha, the best internet plans in my state right now

*www.dropbox.com/s/92ssyg75dmuyftb/Screenshot%202016-03-20%2019.02.42.png?dl=1

not talking about justifiable, Its just that people here are just too desperate to get a good internet connection.. There's a mountain of dog poop ISPs here, that are still giving the same plans as they had in 2004

Im just saying, I wouldnt mind paying for 1k, 500 is like a dream to me.. Heck I dont even want 15 mbps/50 gb.. just give me a 2 mbps fully unlimited at Rs 500 with no dropped connection and a reasonable ping, ill arrange a thousand BJs for you

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
spoiled ? haha, the best internet plans in my state right now

*www.dropbox.com/s/92ssyg75dmuyftb/Screenshot%202016-03-20%2019.02.42.png?dl=1

not talking about justifiable, Its just that people here are just too desperate to get a good internet connection.. There's a mountain of dog poop ISPs here, that are still giving the same plans as they had in 2004

Im just saying, I wouldnt mind paying for 1k, 500 is like a dream to me.. Heck I dont even want 15 mbps/50 gb.. just give me a 2 mbps fully unlimited at Rs 500 with no dropped connection and a reasonable ping, ill arrange a thousand BJs for you

im sure bsnl babus will stand up to that. :D

go and advertise at you local bsanal office :D

kunnusingh

Journeyman
It will done in 2019. You are wrong it will done in 2020.

In 2020 every Indian income will be triple, personal bullet train for each person.

Speed of my BSNL internet is worst and forced me to switch to private telecom.

Top Bottom