Bsnl Introduce New 8Mbps connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
BSNL Broadband is best .. no doubt. Err.. till the time you have a problem. 'Coz there will be nobody who can solve it (if at all) in a reasonable amount of time. I have a DataOne connection (unlimited) and am yet to see a single other provider who can provide unlimited connection for 900/- and 256 kbps.

But yes, they charged me for 9 months at one go, despite the charges having been paid. Then it took 5 long months to get it right!! And now its workiing again. Hoping nothing goes wrong ;)

OP
dark_king

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
src2206 said:
Ok
Here is my latest Speed test result (BSNL Connection)

*www.speedtest.net/result/210733808.png

:D
thats ok but take an american server . and then check the speed if u still got that much or near to 1600 kbps then its perfect .because all the site u surf on net is specially from out side of india and verry less server present in india . so check again and best of luck:wink:
this is my speed when
*www.speedtest.net/result/153252035.png

src2206

In the zone
Thats normal 'cause now the distance has increased many folds. You are not supposed to have constant speed wrt to distance, none of the ISPs on our mother earth provides that. Take another server located further, and there will be more drop in speed.

So use a server nearest to you to get a feel of your connection speed.

praka123

left this forum longback
^I have US servers giving good speeds(18xx) and Mumbai,Singapore servers giving values less than 16xx :(

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Good News = Free WifiModem

BAD NEWS = Subject to Technical Feasibility

so ur connection must be COMPLETELY NOISE FREE to be fastest....

Doubt to get the speed away from exchange.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
dark_king said:
thats ok but take an american server . and then check the speed if u still got that much or near to 1600 kbps then its perfect .because all the site u surf on net is specially from out side of india and verry less server present in india . so check again and best of luck:wink:
this is my speed when
*www.speedtest.net/result/153252035.png

Whatever BSNL does, I still hate them, 'cuz I incurred a loss of around Rs.1L due to them due to unsolved billing issues. :mad: Old members will know this.

Mediacom online here (www.mediacomcc.com) offers 8Mbps connection @ $46 a month with phone connection.:D

src2206

In the zone
digitized said:
Whatever BSNL does, I still hate them, 'cuz I incurred a loss of around Rs.1L due to them due to unsolved billing issues. :mad: Old members will know this.

Mediacom online here (www.mediacomcc.com) offers 8Mbps connection @ $46 a month with phone connection.:D

You are mistaken my friend, it is very much India specific thread (even if it is not explicitely stated by the thread starter) and we are not (at least for now) comparing Indian ISPs with the global ones. So your Mediacomcc info is rather out of place. :D

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
src2206 said:
You are mistaken my friend, it is very much India specific thread (even if it is not explicitely stated by the thread starter) and we are not (at least for now) comparing Indian ISPs with the global ones. So your Mediacomcc info is rather out of place. :D

FYI-I know this is a India specific thread.:D. BTW, I was using alliance broadband @ Rs.785 per month upto november including taxes for 384 kbps unlimited connection.

src2206

In the zone
digitized said:
FYI-I know this is a India specific thread.:D. BTW, I was using alliance broadband @ Rs.785 per month upto november including taxes for 384 kbps unlimited connection.
Cool, you are accessing Indian ISP sitting in US (Moline, Illinois, USA) and paying in Indian currency :D

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^Arrrrrgh...:mad:I was in Kolkata till mid-november. At that time I used to have alliance at my home.

Now my speed for wireless connection is:

*www.speedtest.net/result/212778090.png 8)8)8)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom