BSNL Broadband downtimes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanstalk_230

Broken In
hi friends

I am really fed up with the frequent downtimes(dunno whether i am using the right word). Is there any solution for it or do i have to live with the agony?? Im UL900 Plus

Downtimes = server not found on the explorers with one of the lights which keeps on blinking frequently when i experience a downtime but otherwise when the net is working fyn the light does not blink but instead keeps on glowing

thanx

which lights are u referring to??
If its router's then. from left 1st one shud be stable green(power light).
second shud be stable pink(shows u r connected), 3rd and fourth shud be blinking consistently with green color(showing data transfer)..
if this is proper, then check whether u have configured DNS properly.

OP
B

beanstalk_230

Broken In
yep.. i am refferring to my modem

and ya somthing similar to this happens. HOw to avoid the downtime??

What changes should i make to the DNS?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
AFAIK use OpenDNS - when it comes to Name Resolution this is the best
IPs are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.
Also do not use a parallel line (another telephone instrument connected to the jack) when using Broadband.Some modems do not support multiple telephone connections from a single line.

OP
B

beanstalk_230

Broken In
actually my telefon line which goes into the modem is initially connected to a matrix intercom or should i rather call it pbx which further gives that line to my modem

could it create a downtime problem??

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
2 things create problems...
1>clubbing of electrical and telephone wires in same "patti". [due to induced current in telephone wire, conn is corrupted]
2>parallel phone line, before router point.........

actually my telefon line which goes into the modem is initially connected to a matrix intercom or should i rather call it pbx which further gives that line to my modem

could it create a downtime problem??

Actually thats an ADSL splitter, and it wont create a downtime. see if the connection light(2nd from left) stays stable with Pink color, this means u r definitely connected, may be still ur browsing is slow...for faster browsing use the DNS which is mentioned in above posts, and try downloading some file from Internet, check how much speed and consistency u get when downloading something...
If download speed is consistent then its the problem with ur browsing only which only a proper DNS can resolve.

vrnoormd

Broken In
Set the DNS to obtains automatically it will solve the probelm, I experienced the same problem, after doing this i get constantly good browsing speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom