Right off the assembly line
hav BSNL Broadband under Home 500 plan

My prblem is that BSNL automatically stops responding during downloading. i
hav tried all methods to solve this problem. i hav
scanned the whole pc but there is not. i hav reinstall the modem but the
problem still remains as it is. i hav tried the reinsatlling the windows XP
SP-2 but it doesnot solve my problem.

theonething is that now these days my modem is getting to hot as compared
to early i thought it just because of that.

shovik

Banned
this may be due to overheating of the v92 chip inside the modem. you may check the modem using it in someones else machine who has broadband. if problem persists contact the BSNL officials.

Ishan

In the zone
At what time are u downloading the things, as i have heared that the the data one's link goes after 2am(night), they are cheating us(i suppose). This link problem was posted by some one(and many agreed with that) in this forum only, u may search, and does it matches ur's or not!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
My BSNL modem is also heating up and as far as I know the same is the case with others also. But over the past 6 months since I started using it, it never gave any problem. Of course there were interruptions occasionally when their server was down.

h_kunte

Journeyman
@ Goldi...

As far as the heating problem is concerned, theres absolutely nothing wrong with the excessive heat..In fact the manual of the modem also has a few references to the heating, & they claim that it is absolutely normal...

As for the other problem that you are facing about the connection not "responding" while downloading...I suppose it might be a firewall problem...
Please refer to my post here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27148

I had a similar problem, which I rectified after turning off the Windows firwall...The downloads continued without any problems...I now use a third-party firewall....ZoneAlarm is best if you can configure it successfully & if u know the specificatios...

Else use a Sygate or a Kerio firewall...The interface is simpler to understand...

HK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom