browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
upto how many browsers we can install and use trouble free browsing?my doubt is whether we can install different browsers like ie 6,opera and firefox etc and use as conveniently? will there be any clash?

at present my os is win xp pro with sp2 and ie 6 alon e as browser.

awaiting comments

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
nothing like dat u can install how many browsers u want. just make sure dat ur don't fill up ur hdd :p lolz or ram while running them ;)
BTW rather than too many browsers u can opt for firefox or opera both are feature rich

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hey well to tell you
i am using the folowing browsers now
Firefox
Maxthon
Opera
and I.E
using these for a year now
never found any problems

so you too can go ahead with more browsers too

swatkat

Technomancer
No Problemo.I use :
1]IE 6
2]Opera 7
3]Firefox.8
Keep in mind that .html and some other files that shows web related contents are associated with single application.

ujjwal

Padawan
Install as many, just remember that if set to do so, each browser but one will whine about it not being the default one ;)

Oh btw, currently just got 3 in windows

IE 6.0 SP1
Moox build firefox
MyIE 1.95

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Almost all GNU/Linux distributions come with atleast 5 browsers anyhow...

--Namely: --
Mozilla
Firefox
Galeon
Epiphany
Konqueror
Lynx
eLinks
Dillo

Each one for a different purpose
Anyone tried them all ?

ujjwal

Padawan
Just got Deepnet and that's what rules on windows atleast ;)

Hmm ... linux distro's stopped giving out netscape, GNU?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
ujjwal said:
Hmm ... linux distro's stopped giving out netscape, GNU?

Netscape's Navigator was not an OpenSource browser... ever since the merger of AOL and Netscape, those developers started a new project by name Mozilla ... in a way Netscape Navigator got reincarnated to Mozilla. read the mozilla book for more info...

or read mozilla verses by giving about:mozilla in address bar ... you'll get a hint of this...

Ever since the grand success of Mozilla Project, all distros started including mozilla...

You see, its just like the old CHIP from Jasubhai that we had... which is now Digit...

rohanbee

Padawan
Hey guys,
some things in yahoo do not open easily on yahoo website like to watch videos of songs on yahoo it says yahoo does not support netscape navigator on this version of windows :x

But i have Firefox, also when i have made it default browser and not ie6 does not open and whenever i press the ie6 icon only Firefox opens, how can i revert back to check out certain sites..

Thanks fo any help !!!

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i m using firefox 1.0 pr, opera 7 .both going gr8. ie 6.0 just dumped in a corner. pity cannot uninstall it.

Wizard

Journeyman
infohardik said:
This is a foolish thread........
:!: :arrow:

Hum....then U people ought to see this thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=363&start=150

Its also about the browsers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom