Browser with download accelerator technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi.
Well I am looking for a browser which do same thing as the download accelerator do !! ie downloading a file in part, I am sure that will do a great job as these dayz web pages are having lotsa stuff like flash animation, big pictures, big scripts.. So if the broswer can do that then we will have a great browsing enhancement.

Not sure that if current browsers like firefox using that.. but had read somewhere in a magzine .. (may be digit or pcquest) that there exist a such browser , they had given name of that but now dont' remember and also dont remember which mag was that.

So geeks here (non-geeks are also invited) suggest me in this regard..

Tell if there is any such browser using such way ! :)

~Ricky

Delpiero

Journeyman
Ricky said:
Hi.
Well I am looking for a browser which do same thing as the download accelerator do !! ie downloading a file in part, I am sure that will do a great job as these dayz web pages are having lotsa stuff like flash animation, big pictures, big scripts.. So if the broswer can do that then we will have a great browsing enhancement.

Not sure that if current browsers like firefox using that.. but had read somewhere in a magzine .. (may be digit or pcquest) that there exist a such browser , they had given name of that but now dont' remember and also dont remember which mag was that.

So geeks here (non-geeks are also invited) suggest me in this regard..

Tell if there is any such browser using such way ! :)

~Ricky
Do you mean browser with integrated download manager?. Then use firefox. But it's download manager is slow but has resume capabilities.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
You all have messed it ..

Man I know what are download managers and what are browsers.

I mean is there any browser which do retrive a webpage in parts like download managers do for a file. Say you have 400 kb flash animation , then downloading in 3 parts make it easy and fast..

Thnk what i m trying to say !

swatkat

Technomancer
i think there r no browsers with Multi Threaded inbuilt downloaders.....some Website extractors/copiers (offline browsers) have multithreaded downloading capability.....

swatkat

Technomancer
oh...he is not asking abt download performane of any browser... he wants to know any browser with downloader which supports multithreaded downloading support....

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well here is actual thing..
in a usual html page it is made up of small parts divided already so no need of using multi threaded download but as now things have changed, heavy graphics - multimedia in pages so I had seen a browser listed in pcquest magzine a few time ago.. now I donno which edition was that and I don't even want to touch pile of magzines i have..

So i want to know if any browser there uses such technology ie multithreaded downloads for a webpage ?

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Well Opera, Fire Fox and Smart Fox are what you need !!!
Hey but why do you want them, just use a thrd party Download Accelerator like DAP !!! :wink:

goobimama

 Macboy
I think Firefox uses multiple pipelines or something like that isnt it? In one of those tweaks, there was an option to increase the number of pipelines used to....stuff like that....

goobs

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
goobimama said:
I think Firefox uses multiple pipelines or something like that isnt it? In one of those tweaks, there was an option to increase the number of pipelines used to....stuff like that....

goobs
No dude the tweek was to increase the number of pipelines used during surfing the internet and not downloads !!! :wink:

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Happy Browser is the one U must be lookin for
*3d2f.com/programs/22-471-happy-browser-download.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom