Broke my One Plus 3 Screen

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hi everyone,

I broke my 2months old one plus 3's screen recently. Worst part is that I'd no knowledge of claiming the insurance which we have to activate manually within 30days of purchase.

Now I'm stuck with a broken screen with my only option to repair it under a cost of 8K. I guess the security at my office dropped it while I left it there. It also makes me wonder how this phone survived all the drop test that I witnessed via youtube.

I'm also mad at one plus for not making the insurance easy by mentioning on the box or manual.

Anyway it would be awesome, if anyone can suggest alternative with relatively lower cost option.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Actually 8k for screen replacement is not bad for a 28k phone but you should repair it at one plus service center only.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Actually 8k for screen replacement is not bad for a 28k phone but you should repair it at one plus service center only.

Thanks, Yeah but considering that it is just 2months old, I'm not happy. But then again I can't live with the screen.

jodo_c

Broken In
Alternatives are there but it is good to go with Official service as they will provide you with original screen and I think your remaining warranty will also be intact. 8k is not that bad actually for a 5.5 inch amoled which even has Gorilla glass so get but I think 8k is just for the display you have to pay tax and repairing cost. Make sure you ask about the total cost properly from them.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I'm also mad at one plus for not making the insurance easy by mentioning on the box or manual.

No phone company does that, link me one phone that has it mentioned in box or manual.. also, never trust the drop test online, they are just cherry picked stuff, the real toughness of the glass is much less, unless ofcourse you buy a phone with a plastic/shatterproof display

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Thanks Jodo & Nev...

My company doesn't allow phones inside. So gotta leave it out. I'm considering to get the tempered glass when its available in black from official one plus. Currently out of stock.

First need to get the screen right. Will.check the full amount as Jodo advised. Thanks again guys.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
So here's what I thought. As my screen works perfectly, it's just the LCD that might be cracked. Wondering ifi could do a DIY to fix it.

I managed to find a website to get just the LCD glass. But replacing it myself with no knowledge would be risky.

So please anyone with some experience can point me in the right direction. I'm reading about separating LCD from the digitizer. Hope I can pull this off. Cheers.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So here's what I thought. As my screen works perfectly, it's just the LCD that might be cracked. Wondering ifi could do a DIY to fix it.

I managed to find a website to get just the LCD glass. But replacing it myself with no knowledge would be risky.

So please anyone with some experience can point me in the right direction. I'm reading about separating LCD from the digitizer. Hope I can pull this off. Cheers.
Just go to any authorised service center or any experienced mobile operator to help you get your mobile screen replaced.

Just don't mess it without having any formal experience.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Top Bottom