Broadband, which way to go out of two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hii friends,
I have been using Beam Cable Systems broadband for quite some time now. Till date i was using a 384 kbps plan (Rs. 1000/m).....After that i shifted to to a 96kbps plan....
Now again i am planning to increase the speed, but i have two ways to go, which one do u think is better...I generally do heavy downloadings at night while i sleep
Way 1:
I take Beam 384 kbps for Rs. 1000/m

Way 2:
I keep the Beam 96 kbps plan, which costs me 400/m and take a BSNL 250/m plan that has night 2-8 free 2Mbps speed....dont worry about shifting the LAN ports and all coz i have 2 LAN ports....

Anyone??

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
and take a BSNL 250/m plan that has night 2-8 free 2Mbps speed....

Hey I think there is no unlimited in case of Home 250 :(

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

minimum I guess is Home 500 or Home 500 C !!!

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
ohh!! i dint know that.....kkk...then which one shud i take.....
Beam 384kbps at 1000/-
or Beam 96kbps(for browsing) + BSNL this upto 2mbps for night downloads

And one more thing....they mentioned "Upto 2Mbps"...generally what is the speed that appears while downloading...is it really 256KBps at peaks?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

I would vote for both :)

96 KBPS + BSNL Home 500 C (you get extra 175 free calls for the phone too)

And one more thing....they mentioned "Upto 2Mbps"...generally what is the speed that appears while downloading...

Depends on what you are downloading and from where as for the connection it stays around 180 - 200 kbps.. which means around 1600 kilo bits per seconds :)

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
plus my dad is a Govt Employee....for Govt. Employees BSNL here in AP is offering 20% reduction in monthly charge + first two months free broadband(i donno what does that mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom