Broadband disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
s18000rpm said:
dude, just log in to the "Modem Settings" Page (thru IE, Opera...) & goto the "ADSL Settings" under "Advanced" & see what "ADSL Modulation" you are using.

If its "G-lite" then change it to ADSL 2+. (or try experimenting with other modes)

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/6274/modmoe1.th.jpg

^^this Pic shows Huawei SmartAX MT880 Modem
for many ppl the G-lite works perfectly, but for me when i changed from ADSL2+ to G-Lite i faced exactly the same problem as you do.
I got dataone Home 500 connxn;i feel the T1.413 is the best for me.also i updated the firmware(pls dont ask me!) to the one Jul 6 2005.yes I have Huawei SmartAX MT880 Modem
btw i get with T1.413 settings or what: 227KB/s @ max :/

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
web dude :D, so has this problem cropped up just now or after when you changed the modulation mode.

IMO just experiment with G-lite mode,.

& c'mon dude you're getting atleast 100+KBps then why do you bother about speed loss:D

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
s18000rpm said:
web dude :D, so has this problem cropped up just now or after when you changed the modulation mode.

IMO just experiment with G-lite mode,.

& c'mon dude you're getting atleast 100+KBps then why do you bother about speed loss:D
This problem has surfaced after the broadband outage in Bangalore for two days. Before that, everything was normal. So I think it has got to be a problem with their server.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hmm, i havent faced any problem like this.

i'm near "Vasnath Nagar" (Cunningham Road).

why dont you try other modes, like "praka" has T1 mode enabled.:wink:

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
s18000rpm said:
hmm, i havent faced any problem like this.

i'm near "Vasnath Nagar" (Cunningham Road).

why dont you try other modes, like "praka" has T1 mode enabled.:wink:
Hmmm...That sounds reasonable. I'll give the other nodes a try today night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom