Broadband and LAN via hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i have another networking issue ....

small network having 3 comps connected via hub for LAN, now 1 has a broadband conx but for this the LAN cable needs to be disconnected now is it possible for me to put the broadband cable into the hub and then the LAN cable can be connected to the broadband pc and i can access the net and the LAN :?

internet sharing is just a by-product and is not the main purpose ... internet and LAN should be accesible on 1 pc

slugger

Banned
if u do not need internet sharing over d LAN den u can connect the broadband router to the computer's USB port where u want 2 access d internet

den the computer can be connected thru d LAN but d other comps will not get to share d Internt

not ned to disconnect d LAN cable wen u wan2 access d Internet

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Just get another ethernet card for any one of the system which u like to make the internet sharing system. Then connect the three system in LAN nd share the internet.
This way all 3 system will be in LAN nd all of them ll have internet. The cost of local 10/100 ethernet card is bout 200/-

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ sir ji lappy hai yaar :)

@slugger thats another option but the modem that has been given doesnt support usb conx its some weird modem (its beetel details i dont hav rite now) salla yeh office ka kaam bahut traas hai cant do it without going there :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom