"Broad"Band problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Hi guys, I have a BSNL 500 Combo plan, recently I re-installed XP cause due to some heavy tweaking done to my computer by myself which made it unstable and I was myself unable to fix it...lol, anyways my problem is

1> At first I had to connect through the internet through the Dialing method, i.e. by giving the user name and password, but now-a-days it connects all by itself even without giving the user name & password

2> In the modem the green data light is glowing now-a-days which was not happening earlier, can anyone tell me why it's glowing now ???

3> And finally, although I can connect to the internet and surf normally, my uTorrent works and I connects through peers and seeders and downloads data also but Free Download manager is not downloading the data ? I think this is because there is no dial-up connection, right ?

Sorry for whole lotta questions but I hope you will help me out...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
It seems that you have enabled / made a PPPoE connection of modem.

And if it's the case, then your download manager should work.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
1.Your connection has been changed from Pure Bridged to PPP.So it will connect automatically.

2.You are talking about ACT ... ??? Glowing or Blinking ???

3.It should work.Try reinstalling Download Manager.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
are you talking about broad band or dial up.. 500 Combo plan is broad band plan and then how are you using modem.. as they gives router not modem.. am confused! :?

If DAP is not working try FDM.. also tell us from which site are you trying to download

Last edited:
OP
Krazy Bluez

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
are you talking about broad band or dial up.. 500 Combo plan is broad band plan and then how are you using modem.. as they gives router not modem.. am confused! :?

If DAP is not working try FDM.. also tell us from which site are you trying to download

It's broadband plan, and I don't know what's the difference between router and modem, I checked the box and it was written as modem. (It works as High speed LAN Connection)

How can I tell you here from where I am downloading....:D
I've tried Softpedia and it gives the same error....

1.Your connection has been changed from Pure Bridged to PPP.So it will connect automatically.
How can I change it back ???

2.You are talking about ACT ... ??? Glowing or Blinking ???
What's ACT ? I meant the DATA light, It is blinking when some data is transmitted and glows when it's idle

3.It should work.Try reinstalling Download Manager.
Okay, I would try it

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Try reinstalling DAP.. if it wont work just try the FDM.. let us know if it works

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
How can I change it back ???

Open 192.168.1.1
Username ... admin & Password ... admin

Go to WAN settings

In WAN type click on PPP.
Enter your username and password.
Click Apply.

What's ACT ? I meant the DATA light, It is blinking when some data is transmitted and glows when it's idle

The modem I have with my H500 ... Has the ACT light .. To the left of it is Link & to the right of it is LAN.

User Name

In the zone
hey my torrent ares is not connecting with server.It only shows connecting.....
and never connects?
while utorrent is working fine.

the.kaushik

and never connects?

means? :? i suppose u should download your torrent using utorrent.. give some more details

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
and never connects?

on my bsnl bb connction, i face similar problem.

LimeWire doesnt connect at all, but FrostWire connects & d/ls at 60+ KBps.

tried all the stuff to connect LimeWire (like proxy....), but it never worked.

the.kaushik

on my bsnl bb connction, i face similar problem.

LimeWire doesnt connect at all, but FrostWire connects & d/ls at 60+ KBps.

tried all the stuff to connect LimeWire (like proxy....), but it never worked.

Dude the reason is the router blocks the port.. here is a solution and you should be able to figure out how to make it work.

Go to the following site: *www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Select your router model.. Bsnl uses UTStarcom routers.. select your router under UTStarcom routers and click to go to next page.. now select your application which is getting blocked.. in your case Limeware.. click on limeware.. you will be directed to a page will details.. hope you make it work..

chintan786

In the zone
Hi all .. i get BSNL connection 2 days back only..but its server block some important sites....like nseindia.com and my trading Portal.. although i can open home page of my trading portal but not able to login...when click on login page it tries to connect and then die....i have tried following things to get this done..

1. Changed DNS server setting..changed to open DNS....... nothing happened.

2.disabled firewall from router..no gain.

now i think my PC have some serious virus which blocks IP address of the abv sites..so going for hard drive format....

i tried this site whose link is given abv..after selecting Billion router( i have billion 5200S router)..i don't know wht to do to go to nseindia.com

Help me plz

Chintan

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Dude the reason is the router blocks the port.. here is a solution and you should be able to figure out how to make it work.

Go to the following site: *www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Select your router model.. Bsnl uses UTStarcom routers.. select your router under UTStarcom routers and click to go to next page.. now select your application which is getting blocked.. in your case Limeware.. click on limeware.. you will be directed to a page will details.. hope you make it work..

will try it out. thanks

the.kaushik

Hi all .. i get BSNL connection 2 days back only..but its server block some important sites....like nseindia.com and my trading Portal.. although i can open home page of my trading portal but not able to login...when click on login page it tries to connect and then die....i have tried following things to get this done..

1. Changed DNS server setting..changed to open DNS....... nothing happened.

2.disabled firewall from router..no gain.

now i think my PC have some serious virus which blocks IP address of the abv sites..so going for hard drive format....

i tried this site whose link is given abv..after selecting Billion router( i have billion 5200S router)..i don't know wht to do to go to nseindia.com

Help me plz

Chintan

dude just try this.. go to hidemyass.com and then try to open the site you want and check if you are able to open.. if it opens then there is problem with bsnl.. which city are you using bsnl? same thing happened to me for feedburner.com.. one nice day the site got blocked.. i called up those craps and told my problem and they told they will call me back.. after 2 days they called me back and said that there is problem from there side and it will be fix in 2 days and it was fixed in two days..

chintan786

In the zone
dude just try this.. go to hidemyass.com and then try to open the site you want and check if you are able to open.. if it opens then there is problem with bsnl.. which city are you using bsnl? same thing happened to me for feedburner.com.. one nice day the site got blocked.. i called up those craps and told my problem and they told they will call me back.. after 2 days they called me back and said that there is problem from there side and it will be fix in 2 days and it was fixed in two days..

thanks kaushik... i am from Ahmedabad..will definetly call today to theses craps..
BSNL SUCKS

the.kaushik

thanks kaushik... i am from Ahmedabad..will definetly call today to theses craps..
BSNL SUCKS

Ya thats true.. but only in help and support because there service is really good compared to other ISP.. if you have used any other ISP you will know it for sure..

sagar_jxd

Broken In
tht green light glows only whn the modem is connected with the comp and tht local area connection 100mbps comes means when connection of modem with comp if it is connected thn only it glows
and if u want u don't want to connect ur net auto.

follow these steps
1 go to control panel click on network connection.

2 then click next then on the left hand side u will see first option named"create a new connection"click on it.

3 thn click on next then select connect to the internet n click next

4 thn select"setup my connection manually" click next

4 thn select"connect using a broadband that requires a username and password" click on next n fill up the info it will be created:p

and ha data light glows never it must hve some problem whenever it glow ur net is nt connected

the.kaushik

I never used any user name and password.. i formatted my comp so many times.. am i missing something?

chintan786

In the zone
Ya thats true.. but only in help and support because there service is really good compared to other ISP.. if you have used any other ISP you will know it for sure..
I have tataVSNL connection from last 3 years....in Aug...it was off for almost 10 days....due tht reason i get BSNL ......tata have some issues..but they take compalints ..work on them..give u feedback...where as BSNL..they act like as if doing Mercy...

BSNL SUCKS......i think now i have to have this connection for 3 months....bullshit....i can stop this also..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom