Britain threatens ISPs with possible piracy legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Britain will impose legislation on Internet service providers by April 2009 if they do not work with the music and film industries to curb illegal downloading, the government said Friday.

Read on........

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It is really possible I'm afraid. We have a big population and that's = big money. Not hard to convince our political class I feel. But I really do not know, with mp3 CDs being sold in the open, how much impact will traffic shaping or other filtering have. The roadside fellow's pirated mp3 business will increase :D , just like its happening for novels.

I don't listen to much music, so it won't affect me. As long as they don't clamp down on downloading Linux distros I'm cool.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
It is really possible I'm afraid. We have a big population and that's = big money. Not hard to convince our political class I feel. But I really do not know, with mp3 CDs being sold in the open, how much impact will traffic shaping or other filtering have. The roadside fellow's pirated mp3 business will increase :D , just like its happening for novels.

I don't listen to much music, so it won't affect me. As long as they don't clamp down on downloading Linux distros I'm cool.

ya may be true that they could buy politicians.. but ISP`s wont take the bait... controlling indian internet( young individuals mostly) would be a disaster...
i dont think they will risk this kinda thing..

control todays internet in india = disaster waiting
many will simply switch isp or turn the old age black market to ge wht they want...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom