Bridged mode on opensuse 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i installed opensuse 10.3 on my PC.i use bridged ,ode on my MTNL DSL broadband.
guyz,please help me in configuring my connection for bridged mode.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Press Alt+F2, type yast, press enter, type root password, press enter
Go to Network devices->DSL and configure form there, its easy step by step wizard

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I thought you know what you were talking about when you said bridged mode. If your router is already configured in bridge mode (as you were using with your "other" operating system ;-) ) then no need to fiddle with your router.
Just go to YaST->Network devices->DSL
and run through the wizard.
You can then use KInternet to make a dialer (like the dialer in your "other" OS). It will be near the clock once activated

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Install KInternet through YaST. After that if you don't see it near your clock open a shell and type kinternet to bring up the interface

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Don't worry, you have to give the kinternet command only once in a terminal. This will bring up kinternet near the clock. Thereafter it automatically comes near the clock on boot, in the disconnected state off course. You have to right click on it to connect

mann yhis is complicated.i have tried with both dsl and modem i configured but wohi haal hai not connecting.
cud u tell the whole process.
m a Noobie to suse

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have done this process for a friend who has a AirTEl 512 kpbs connection like yours (dial up PPPoE). I first went through YaST-> DSL as I told you above, and entered the username and pass, and if I remember correctly the VPI/VCI too. After exiting the wizard, installed kinternet through YaST->Software management. Then opened a terminal, typed KInternet. The KInternet icon appeared near the clock. I right clicked on it to connect for the first time, browsed, tested, disconnected again by righ clicking on the icon and then closed the terminal window. There after KInternent comes near your system clock automatically at boot. You only have to right click and connect.

Enter your gateway as 192.168.1.1 in your network card properties.
Also read this
*www.swerdna.net.au/linhowtonic.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom