Bought: Buying new phone with a personality (after my Moto X died)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lol, doesn't matter how much research you do, if you had luck nothing can save you. I found a new hardware bug that was discovered a day ago. Without writing again, here's the review which I just posted on Amazon. Important part is bold.

After my Moto X 1st gen was crushed under a car, I needed to buy myself another Android. After weeks of research and using a cheap Micromax phone for the duration, ended up finalizing this bad boy. I knew it's shortcomings like bad front cam and non stock UI and also its strengths like wide angle cam, hardware, water proofing and Quad Dac. So I knew what I was going into.

Needless to say when I finally received the phone, I was on seventh cloud. The phone feels premium and works as expected. EXCEPT, the wide angle cam. One thing that wasn't discovered when I bought this phone was that the phone comes with 2 versions of wide angle camera module, one has poor image quality. One with 2.01 focal length and other inferior with 2.09 focal length. The wide angle pics taken from the 2.09 focal length camera has bad blurry on the edges. You can refer this reddit thread for details: LG G6 is produced with 2 versions of wide angle camera module, one has poor image quality • r/lgg6

Unfortunately I received a unit with bad focal length one, and I can't return it since return window is closed. But it's hard to recommend this phone now. Know this issue before purchasing the phone. If you still want to buy this phone check the focal length in image properties and return it if you find picture quality unacceptable.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Lol, doesn't matter how much research you do, if you had luck nothing can save you. I found a new hardware bug that was discovered a day ago. Without writing again, here's the review which I just posted on Amazon. Important part is bold.

After my Moto X 1st gen was crushed under a car, I needed to buy myself another Android. After weeks of research and using a cheap Micromax phone for the duration, ended up finalizing this bad boy. I knew it's shortcomings like bad front cam and non stock UI and also its strengths like wide angle cam, hardware, water proofing and Quad Dac. So I knew what I was going into.

Needless to say when I finally received the phone, I was on seventh cloud. The phone feels premium and works as expected. EXCEPT, the wide angle cam. One thing that wasn't discovered when I bought this phone was that the phone comes with 2 versions of wide angle camera module, one has poor image quality. One with 2.01 focal length and other inferior with 2.09 focal length. The wide angle pics taken from the 2.09 focal length camera has bad blurry on the edges. You can refer this reddit thread for details: LG G6 is produced with 2 versions of wide angle camera module, one has poor image quality • r/lgg6

Unfortunately I received a unit with bad focal length one, and I can't return it since return window is closed. But it's hard to recommend this phone now. Know this issue before purchasing the phone. If you still want to buy this phone check the focal length in image properties and return it if you find picture quality unacceptable.
So warranty doesn't cover it?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Not using any screen guard and cover?
Forgot about the bug man its a good looking phone with some good specs.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So warranty doesn't cover it?
Did you mean for my Moto X? No.. it was 3 yr old phone. Out of warranty.
If you mean LG G6, then I guess no, since it's a hardware "fault" per se.. it's by design of the component they are choosing for some units. :(

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Not using any screen guard and cover?
Forgot about the bug man its a good looking phone with some good specs.
Yes, it's a good phone. But with some minor ceveats. This hardware bug is a little major ceveat on this otherwise great phone.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's there. I missed it before.
Yes there was a screen protector when it came in box. However I have since applied a tempered glass.
I am also thinking to buy this speigen case, but it's too costly, so been using a normal transparent TPU.
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01MYAJT88/

Top Bottom