Bought: Buying new phone with a personality (after my Moto X died)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hybrid slot isnt an issue if you use this, Although buying a 30k phone and using that would look messy.
I use it with my RN3, after i cut out a hole in the inner layer of an AMZER case. From outside it looks absolutely fine.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Id still say wait for RN5, my Snapdragon 650 gives me plenty performance, the only area where Id consider buying a flagship is camera and screen, and honestly thats a massive difference paying for just these two things. 99% of people using Snapdragon 835 wont be using it's true potential, so whats the point ?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hybrid slot isnt an issue if you use this, Although buying a 30k phone and using that would look messy.
I use it with my RN3, after i cut out a hole in the inner layer of an AMZER case. From outside it looks absolutely fine.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Id still say wait for RN5, my Snapdragon 650 gives me plenty performance, the only area where Id consider buying a flagship is camera and screen, and honestly thats a massive difference paying for just these two things. 99% of people using Snapdragon 835 wont be using it's true potential, so whats the point ?
I have encountered that "jugaad" of overcoming the issue of hybrid sim and I do think it's messy. Although if the device have 64 GB of inbuilt memory and supports OTG pen drive, then I don't think hybrid SIM to be an issue. Though I have heard that OTG pen drive when connected via a Micro USB to Type C adapter doesn't work. So that would be an issue for devices with Type C slots which is both LG V20 and LG G6.

Well, a flagship phone like LG G6 also has military grade and waterproofing certification, apart from having a gorgeous display. I think the flagship phone does provide such value which a budget phone just can't provide. That's why I am leaning towards biting the bullet and treat myself with a flagship device such as LG G6!

Minion

Conversation Architect
Already ruled out Moto G5 plus long back due to lack of basic sensor such as compass.

Looked at Zenfone 3. Somehow it's design doesn't cut it for me. Also the price variation seems very odd between colors. For 3 GB RAM and 32 GB model price is Rs 13,999 for all 3 colours. But for Black 64 GB mode, price is Rs 18,599. And which is what I want. It's sad that whichever phone I look at, don't miss to disappoint me.

Anyway, I got a Micromax bolt phone from someone for Rs 2k. It have 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of memory and a pathetic LCD display. I will keep using it until I find "the ONE". :'(
ZF3 is available for 16k
*www.amazon.in/Asus-Zenfone-Black-6...UTF8&qid=1509371544&sr=1-2&keywords=zenfone+3

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
ZF3 is available for 16k
*www.amazon.in/Asus-Zenfone-Black-6...UTF8&qid=1509371544&sr=1-2&keywords=zenfone+3
Looks like it jumped to Rs 17,400 in few hours. Anyway, as said earlier, the phone doesn't appeal me. LG V20 and LG G6 do though. But LG G6 is increasing it's price. From 33K to 35K and now more than 36K :'(

Minion

Conversation Architect
Looks like it jumped to Rs 17,400 in few hours. Anyway, as said earlier, the phone doesn't appeal me. LG V20 and LG G6 do though. But LG G6 is increasing it's price. From 33K to 35K and now more than 36K :'(

I informed you because you want that phone for 16k also you should have bought lg g6 during sales.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I went to see the LG G6 in person in an offline store yesterday and the size was perfect for me. Salesman also showed me putting the phone under water and also a film he shot in some swimming pool under water. Sadly the price in offline store was Rs 38,000. So I captured LG G6 in Amazon lightning deal. Not much price difference but was Rs 32,990. I bit the bullet and bought it instantly. Impulse buying at it's finest.

Ordered the platinum version since the phone looks premium in metallic texture. Black colour I use in my gadgets way too often. Time for some change.

Phone is supposed to be delivered tomorrow!

Minion

Conversation Architect
I went to see the LG G6 in person in an offline store yesterday and the size was perfect for me. Salesman also showed me putting the phone under water and also a film he shot in some swimming pool under water. Sadly the price in offline store was Rs 38,000. So I captured LG G6 in Amazon lightning deal. Not much price difference but was Rs 32,990. I bit the bullet and bought it instantly. Impulse buying at it's finest.

Ordered the platinum version since the phone looks premium in metallic texture. Black colour I use in my gadgets way too often. Time for some change.

Phone is supposed to be delivered tomorrow!
Congrats

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congrats, so u finally bought it from Amazon
Yes. There marketing trick worked.

They first increased price from 34k to 35k then to 36k. Then they dropped price till 33k on lightning deal. Upon seeing the drop from 36k to 33k, I couldn't hold myself and bought it right away.

They should promote their sales team.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yes. There marketing trick worked.

They first increased price from 34k to 35k then to 36k. Then they dropped price till 33k on lightning deal. Upon seeing the drop from 36k to 33k, I couldn't hold myself and bought it right away.

They should promote their sales team.
Lg g6 was available for 30k during sales

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lg g6 was available for 30k during sales
I did my research. It never went below Rs 32500.

Price graph since it launched:
LG G6 price.JPG

Source: Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nope it was available for around 29800 on fk. Anyways forget this and congrats brother, now 2 parties are pending on your side.
On FK. -_-
Never before you told me this. I "probably" could have waited. Nevertheless this phone is worth even at Rs 33K.
As for party, whenever you come to Delhi, contact me :D

Minion

Conversation Architect
On FK. -_-
Never before you told me this. I "probably" could have waited. Nevertheless this phone is worth even at Rs 33K.
As for party, whenever you come to Delhi, contact me :D
It was available during big billion day and Diwali sales. Definitely :doublethumb:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So here is the album for my LG G6: LG G6 - My First Flagship smartphone
Pics are downscaled to 50% and total size of album is ~20 MB. Pics were shot by Moto X 2nd gen.

Some sample pics here:

IMG_20171110_162235940.jpg

IMG_20171110_134854833.jpg

IMG_20171110_134136070.jpg

IMG_20171110_133736725.jpg

Last edited:

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats man, i too do a lot of research before buying a phone because its something you use everyday. G6 was a good choice.

Top Bottom