Bose IE2 or Klipsch S4 or anything else? Please suggest

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Need to buy an IEM which will be used with my phone (Note 2). I have looked at these two, Klipsch S4 (afaik there are two versions, one for iPhone and another for Android), and Bose IE2. Which one would be better? I would like crystal clear sound, with solid, deep and punching bass (not that distorted type of bass which leaves a long trail). And this is not a huge requirement, but still I would like to have an mic so that I can use it for calls too.
My budget is around 3.5-4.5k. Could be increased in case of a much better product if needed. And also please suggest those which I will be able to find on online sites or maybe local stores. I won't be buying international, not in this case.
I use Sony XB 300 for my desktop, so you see what type of bass I am looking for if not better ;)

Thanks in advance.

Saurav.

PS: I would like to stick with brands like Sony, Bose, Klipsch, Sennheiser, JBL, Altec Lansing etc, nothing else please, no skull stuffs or Razor!

Last edited:

elton_1991

Broken In
Vsonic GR06
VSonic GR06
I dont own one but its reviews look promising.

[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99
Vsonic GR06 Review

Neo

Try and see if you can find kilpsch x10 . Should be ~4.5k

If you can increase your budget then go for Hifiman RE-400 eyes closed. (I have ordered one myself for my brother)

Else get Brainwavz M2 from Mp4nation or proaudiohome.

Stay away from Sony, vsonic .

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks. X10? Afaik it's 10k! No way its 4.5k.
And I won't comment on VSonic or Brainwavz and some, but Sony? No sir, I used three Sony in ear so far, and for the price they were great. And for my PC I use XB300, which is also great.

Anyway, I have ordered a MH1C (yes, another Sony) after recommendations form Head-fi, it's one of the best sub 100$ in-ear according to them. Saved some money.

Now I need a good PMP? Budget 5k. I see that Sansa Clip is good? Is that right? Or else?

samudragupta

Youngling
Thanks. X10? Afaik it's 10k! No way its 4.5k

Anyway, I have ordered a MH1C (yes, another Sony) after recommendations form Head-fi, it's one of the best sub 100$ in-ear according to them. Saved some money.
i had also ordered the MH1C from ebay after suggestions from head fi. They were the most uncomfortable headphones i ever used. I am currently using Sony XB30EX and are by far the best in the 2k range
I

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
i had also ordered the MH1C from ebay after suggestions from head fi. They were the most uncomfortable headphones i ever used. I am currently using Sony XB30EX and are by far the best in the 2k range
I
Damn, receiving mine tomorrow. Do you find it uncomfortable for the J cord or that thick cable? Do you have a good fit in ear? Or do they fall off? How is sound quality?

samudragupta

Youngling
Damn, receiving mine tomorrow. Do you find it uncomfortable for the J cord or that thick cable? Do you have a good fit in ear? Or do they fall off? How is sound quality?

the built quality is good, however atleast i didnt find the eartips comfortable, they kept falling from my left ear and i got frustrated and got the Sony XB30EX, which are amazing. i regret i wasted 1200 bucks. The sound quality is great but what good is it if it dont fit the ears. let me know your review though

Top Bottom