Borderlands crashing on start.Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDante

Journeyman
Hey guys, i got a borderlands copy from my friend who got it from a 'ahem' source. it works fine on his Pc, but when i tried it on mine, it installs smoothly but om start it says
" 'some file' not found by dynamic entry gateway d3d9.dll"
actually i've bin having lots of problems due to this particular file, as this message pops up more or less unchanged anytime i try to install any game.i asked the vendor, and he said to download DX9/10 and then start the game.but i was about to protest that i already have DX9 when he got a phone call. i then thought 'aw shucks, why not give it a try?'

PS: i have integrated graphics,a stock intel motherboard, 2gb transcend ram, WD HDD with 150 gb-ish space,a Core 2 Duo E4500 proccy at 2.20 gigs and a LG Flatron L192WS monitor.
I dont think that the integ. graphics are a problem as my friend also has integ. graphs.So please,help needed.Thanks in advance,
Apoc

^install the latest directx redistributable from Microsofts official site, update your gfx driver. And apply the latest patch for the game.
Any also tell us the model of your motherboard.

OP
DarkDante

DarkDante

Journeyman
I downloaded the redist from here:*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5, but it's still saying the same thing:
"The procedure entry point D3DPERF_EndEvent could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll"
i saved the setup in a diff. place than the game folder and i ran it, but it's not working.
I have a Intel D945GCPE motherb. with a Graphics Media Accel. 950.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom