Booting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

In the zone
Hi All , :)

I have windows XP Professional SP2 installed and the problem from few days is it takes a lot of time to boot ....I mean the desktop icons doesnt appear for atleast 10 min and i have to wait ..I did a system restore ....but in vain .Again & again i need to go to safe mode and do a system restore to boot normally....orelse it will take atleast 10-15 min to appear desktop icons.Can anyone help me what i need to do regarding this . :confused:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi All , :)

I have windows XP Professional SP2 installed and the problem from few days is it takes a lot of time to boot ....I mean the desktop icons doesnt appear for atleast 10 min and i have to wait ..I did a system restore ....but in vain .Again & again i need to go to safe mode and do a system restore to boot normally....orelse it will take atleast 10-15 min to appear desktop icons.Can anyone help me what i need to do regarding this . :confused:

1>First of all uninstall any unnecessary programs(includes games u've finished, s/w u tried to check functionality, screensavers etc)
2>check ur startup, if any s/w that takes a lot memory is starting with windows. Uncheck
3>do a temp file clean with Ccleaner and clean ur registry.

Rahim

Married!
Make a backup of registry before CCleaning :)
Perform a chkdsk to check any problem with the disk.

serendipiti

Journeyman
Clean up your prefetch folder and then use microsoft bootvis to optimize startup.Also try and defrag all drives using a good defragmenter like Raxco Perfect Disk.

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
try to defragment ur registry.use pagedefrag to defrag ur page file,also check using spybot search and destroy,shut down as many startup programs as u can using msconfig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom