Booting problem, Please help me :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Hello folks there,

Please help me in this issue.
I have a HP Pavilion dv2911 US Entertainment Notebook bought from the US, an year ago. It came with preinstalled Windows Vista Home Edition, then I upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate version. It was working fine and well, perfectly till I chose to install Windows XP and sent it to a Local Service Center to install Windows XP (As I could not install it on my own). It worked fine for about 2-3 weeks after windows XP was installed but all of a sudden, the system stopped booting. I mean like, when I press the power button, it loads till the black windows Screen where it says "Windows Loading". After that nothing.

Some observations I have made during the Errored Booting:
the Mouse signal blinks blue and orange.
My Quick Bar Buttons all have light except the volume up and down button.
More battery use (My battery doesnot stay for long as before)

Please folks help me. I am head wreaked and don't know what to do.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hello folks there,

Please help me in this issue.
I have a HP Pavilion dv2911 US Entertainment Notebook bought from the US, an year ago. It came with preinstalled Windows Vista Home Edition, then I upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate version. It was working fine and well, perfectly till I chose to install Windows XP and sent it to a Local Service Center to install Windows XP (As I could not install it on my own). It worked fine for about 2-3 weeks after windows XP was installed but all of a sudden, the system stopped booting. I mean like, when I press the power button, it loads till the black windows Screen where it says "Windows Loading". After that nothing.

Some observations I have made during the Errored Booting:
the Mouse signal blinks blue and orange.
My Quick Bar Buttons all have light except the volume up and down button.
More battery use (My battery doesnot stay for long as before)

Please folks help me. I am head wreaked and don't know what to do.
When you say "Windows loading" screen it shows loading and then suddenly restarts and then again same windows loading and again restart and the same loop again.Is this what you are facing??
If yes then you don't need to reinstall XP,because only the boot files are damaged in that case and it can be repaired by using XP installation disc. Refer This for instructions.
re-install OS
@xorDbAne
:pan:
lol just kidding. Try to solve the problem first and if it fails then reinstall. Reinstalling OS for every small prob?? You sound like our local service walah :p

Last edited:
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
"You sound like our local service walah"....I am not any of local service walah for your information, but I am the real owner of the Notebook. Well, after the windows loading screen comes nothing happens but it stays likewise showing "Windows Loading" for till I put of the power connection or battery finishes.
I even tried installing Vista but its same, its not getting installed. It simply goes till copying files then it keeps on showing copying file till my power is disconnected.

Is that any kind of malfunction in motherboard? Or is there anything wrong with my BIOS (Its Phonix).

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@bhutanesedude
lol that was not for you dude, I should have mentioned it :p that comment was for xorDbAne :))
Coming back to the topic,that looks like a hard disk prob,unplug your Hdd and replug it and try it again,May I know how old is that HDD?? Coz a lot of my friend's laptop HDD's went kaput recently.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Well, I tried everything, and even I tried reinstalling the windows with XP, Vista and even Windows 7, but during the course the files are not getting loaded and then same thing. Don't know whats happening....

Where r the geekss......

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Well, I tried everything, and even I tried reinstalling the windows with XP, Vista and even Windows 7, but during the course the files are not getting loaded and then same thing. Don't know whats happening....

Where r the geekss......
What exactly do you mean by "files are not getting loaded" during installation ??
Are you getting any S.M.A.R.T warnings during boot

HAVE YOU TRIED REPLUGGING YOUR HDD ??
sent it to a Local Service Center to install Windows XP (As I could not install it on my own)
^^^^^^^^^Reason for my doubt

Do this......... take your HDD out and connect it to a desktop and check whether Hdd is working correctly or not. Back up all your Laptop's files on it. Run CHKDSK on it while connected to desktop. Pop it back in laptop and try booting normally,else try repair install with your XP installation disc.If you are still not able to make it work......
Then run some basic diagnostics starting from RAM(using Memtest 86+) If everything is fine with RAM then....
Download a drive diagnostic utility from the HDD manufacturer's web site and run it.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^ nt able load files, huh? looks like your HDD is dead. or at least gt bad sectors. know y i telling it? HP lappy heat fins are at back side, i mean below the lappy. & if u work by placing lappy in desk or so, heat can't escape & wil warm ur lappy dangerously. & this wil 1st damage ur hdd.

just wait, the service centre boy may tell ur hdd gone bad.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I unpluged and used the HD with desktop, it was working fine, nothing so much with HD.

^^^ nt able load files, huh? looks like your HDD is dead. or at least gt bad sectors. know y i telling it? HP lappy heat fins are at back side, i mean below the lappy. & if u work by placing lappy in desk or so, heat can't escape & wil warm ur lappy dangerously. & this wil 1st damage ur hdd.

just wait, the service centre boy may tell ur hdd gone bad.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Files are not getting loaded means when it shows "Windows XP" with the scrolling graphics while booting the windows, it gets stuck up there. The scrolling things keeps on scrolling and no warning, other then my Mouse indicator blinks, my Quick touch button's volume button light not coming, and automatic Num lock activated which i can't deactivated.

What exactly do you mean by "files are not getting loaded" during installation ??
Are you getting any S.M.A.R.T warnings during boot

HAVE YOU TRIED REPLUGGING YOUR HDD ??
^^^^^^^^^Reason for my doubt

Do this......... take your HDD out and connect it to a desktop and check whether Hdd is working correctly or not. Back up all your Laptop's files on it. Run CHKDSK on it while connected to desktop. Pop it back in laptop and try booting normally,else try repair install with your XP installation disc.If you are still not able to make it work......
Then run some basic diagnostics starting from RAM(using Memtest 86+) If everything is fine with RAM then....
Download a drive diagnostic utility from the HDD manufacturer's web site and run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom