Booting issues!software conflict!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitava83

Broken In
These are my specs:

INTEL C2D E7300 2.66 GHz
MSI P7NGM DIGITAL Motherboard
Palit Radeon HD 4870 SONIC 1GB Dual Edition (with dual bios)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 HDD 320 GB
Corsair 2X2 GB 800MHz RAM
Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W PSU with 70% efficiency
Cooler Master CM 690 Cabinet
Dell E1909 W 19" LCD
Liebert Emerson 600VA UPS

I installed XP SP2 and Vista with SP1.From the very first day,whenever I switch on my PC,the motherboard logo flashes on screen and then a strange beep of about 3 seconds comes from the cabinet and immediately after that the system hangs completely.I reinserted the RAM but the problem persists.The strange thing is when I restart my PC,it still gives me that strange sound but it boots properly and I can login into both XP and Vista and even can play Crysis at very high resolution for 10 hours at a stretch without any problems.

I would like to mention here that my huge graphics card has physically covered almost all the six SATA ports on my motherboard and the HDD SATA port was connected with very much difficulty.I even had to keep the entire cabinet in a lying down position as in the upright position my graphics card was literally throwing its whole weight on the HDD SATA port below and giving me display-related problems.
Is my graphics card not compatiblw with my motherboard?Or otherwise,is my SMPS not powerful enough?The box for the Graphics card says it alone needs 500W Power Supply.
or is Xp SP2 incompatible with Vista OS?

Guys please help meee..................

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Can you name your BIOS? I mean to say, is it AMI BIOS or Phoenix or.... the type?
One beep usually means memory problems. Check if BOTH of your RAM sticks are inserted properly. Say... remove them, clean them and reinsert them altogether! You could try running a RAM test. Also, what is the exact beep sequence you hear? Are you sure it is just one long beep? Check if your system properties displays that you have 2GBs of RAM and not just 1.

Most probably, it is an AMI BIOS. If this is the case, go visit this page to find out that 1 long beep means POST(Power On Self Test) has been completed successfully, no sweat:p. If it is not AMI BIOS, or if you realize that it is actually another beep pattern, post accordingly and we'll see!

Cheerio,
Alexanderthegreat

OP
A

Amitava83

Broken In
Hi,
My motherboard BIOS is AMI...Anyways the issue seems to be resolved.My SMPS was the devil in disguise...Cooler Master xTreme Power 600W...I changed it and it is now working fine,albeit on a new motherboard....Seems is damaged my motherboard as well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom