Blue screen

hawkeye321

Broken In
Guys...i formatted from xp to win 7...so now whenever i open a image with windows image viewer..i get a blue screen saying windows encounted error..creating memory dump..wat to do :(

Vignesh B

Youngling
Can you post the error code?
Anyway check if all of your components are compatible with Windows 7 and if yes, do you have the latest drivers installed.
Does the problem occur with a specific image file or with all the image files?

OP
H

hawkeye321

Broken In
Picasa ok....but i want to know whats causing it...the code says windows encounted some problem creating system dump

Vignesh B

Youngling
the code says windows encounted some problem creating system dump
Usually BSODs have error error codes like STOP Error 0x00000009: IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL.
Without knowing it, it is a bit hard to guess the problem. Can you provide an image of the screen when it happens?

OP
H

hawkeye321

Broken In
So i found out the problem...it was caused by a nvidia driver tat i downloaded frm some other website...the video is playing...should i install the video driver??

Vignesh B

Youngling
You should install the chipset software for the OS to properly recognize and use the chipset.
It is mandatory to install it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Install all the recommended drivers from your manufacturer & make sure you update Windows to the latest from now on. Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) usually happens when something has gone bad. BSoDs happen when the computer can’t go on and either happen due to a hardware error or a low level software error like a bad driver. BSoD is a “catastrophic failure” that Windows can’t continue with. It’s usually a driver issue or hardware problem. Overheating can cause it as well. Loose memory will also do it, as will a failing video card.
Only solution is to take a paper and note down the error code that is after STOP & the message that Windows shows like SOMETHING_SOMETHING as Vignesh B pointed out above. Then only something can be said/done about your problem.

Top Bottom