blue screen problem!

official

In the zone
hey guys i have been facing a really frustrating problem for 1 month...some time my pc while working just displays some stupid screen like tht in a tv that does'nt have a signal..just for a second or two with a humming sound and then it shuts down.
after restartin there is a note that there was some serious error an the pc had to stop, yesterday night wen it happened again after restrtin the problem log showed the problem name as bluescreen problem..i am in serious need of suggestions..
thanks in advance.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
open ram & HDD. clean them & install. problem looks to be cause of one of them. and are you running your PC on some cheap PSU? zebronics?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
one more thing, try reducing your hardware parts to minimum required to turn it on. like just one stick of ram at a time. no n/w car, no graphics card etc. if still problem persists, u mite have cpu or motherboard related issues. check for overheating.

Enjoy~!

OP
official

official

In the zone
@samshab ...after 1 day of shuttin down i somehow recovered my pc...sorry i couldn't reply for such...i think my pc needs cleaning though i did it few weeks ago will take off ram and see..more over if i take off the ram and put them in same order the os won't have to be reinstalled..isn't it??

@speedyguy .......overheating may be a problem but i have CM690 i installed 1 fan in front panel fan just for HDD...however i hav one 500 gig and 1 240 gig..the latter one is a replacement stuff from seagate. while hdd accessing time its slow sometime.. i think i'll have to reinstall my os its been well over a year...
can this be a problem of psu if that is so then i think i hv to change ..i also thought the same thing,... mine is an old CM 500W that i installed from my old rig that ran 1 hdd dual core and 8800gt, same one now is runnin i5, ati radeon 5770 and 2X HDD..plz suggest

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Post the last 5 minidumps here. Meaning a link to their location. Will go through them.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well approx after how much time do you face this blue screen problem. and does it happen every time you use your system? in that case if possible try to remove your both hdd and boot it on a live cd and let your system work for some good time. if still problem persists its not virus but some hardware. also formatting is recommended as normally people say you should format your system every 6-8months.

about fan, get some apps that might tell you your cpu fan speed. if that became inefficient then the exhausts would be helpless.

one more thing you can try (if you havnt so far) is remove your ati gpu card and your monitor vga cable to onboard graphics (motherboard). also remove any other cards that may still let your system run. report what you come up with. all the best.

Enjoy~!

Last edited:
OP
official

official

In the zone
@speedyguy...my board is a sli one it does not have onboard vga
there is no particular time span sometime the crashes are alternate and sometime there is no crash at all..will try whatsoever i can thanks for suggestions...

Arnab boss

In the zone
i had the same prob and thanks to asingh for his help...i send himthe dump files as he asked and then he found some prob in two softwares..so he advised to uninstall the softwares and i did it..!! the prob is now solved as i dont get the bluescreen error but i hav to press the restart button as the system fails to enter the windows when i press the power button...???

do as asingh suggested and sure it will work...!!!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
i had the same prob and thanks to asingh for his help...i send himthe dump files as he asked and then he found some prob in two softwares..so he advised to uninstall the softwares and i did it..!! the prob is now solved as i dont get the bluescreen error but i hav to press the restart button as the system fails to enter the windows when i press the power button...???

do as asingh suggested and sure it will work...!!!!

Nice to hear this. Wish you had updated your own thread regarding this. Please do if you can, and mention in detail what is happening and why you have to press the restart button to get to the desktop.

OP
official

official

In the zone
allright i'll provide the minidumps as soon as possible..having xam tomorrow so kind of busy...thanks for your suggestions...today i had been running my machine for whole day to check when it crashes but there has been no such problem so far any way ill give the minidumps as soon as there is a crash..

Top Bottom