Pradeepcool

Broken In
Hi Guys
My configuration is as follows:
Core i5 3570 k@stock 3.40ghz with Hyper 212 evo with push
Asus P8Z77 V Pro
Corsair Vengeance 2*4gb 1600Mhz
Corsair TX 650 W
Yesterday I was fiddling with Asus AI Suite and used the auto tuning option to overclock which gave me an overclock of 4.2 ghz.All was well until I got a blue screen while I was playing NFS MW (old version).System restarted and again got the same pbm while I was playing it.I suspected it to be Asus AI Suite causing the pbm and uninstalled it but the overclock still remained.again got the bsod but this time after an hour.so I decided to remove the overclock ,so flashed my mobo and have not got it till today.
Question is how can I know whether it will occur again or not?i mean.is there a software to check ?can I be sure the pbm is solved??and will the flashing of mobo cause the bios settings to default prcessor frequency??

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
A BSOD, or frequent restarts (in such a case) normally occur when you haven't got a stable overclock. If you want to overclock, try doing it through the BIOS and that too with smaller steps of overclock to achieve a stable working overclock, and then you're good to go. Also, to check out the reason for the BSOD, you may try noting down the BSOD Error code and then searching the net for the same.
Such a thing happens with me whenever I try using the MSI OC Genie to overclock my system, it fails all the time forcing me to restart the system.

OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
Thank you..but depending upon my description do u think my pbm is solved because I got like 4 bsod in an hour yesterday but have not got a single bsod the entire day today.this was after flashing my mobo with the latest version of bios.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Bsod might have been due to the OC instability.
Is the proc OCed today ? Flashing removed the previous OC, maybe thats why no bsod.
Run prime95 after an OC to check the stability. If it fails, lower OC.

OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
Bsod might have been due to the OC instability.
Is the proc OCed today ? Flashing removed the previous OC, maybe thats why no bsod.
Run prime95 after an OC to check the stability. If it fails, lower OC.
No Myth.did not overclock it today.pretty scared after this experience because my pc is only 5 days old. i believe the culprit to be asus ai suite.can u give me links for overclocking i5 3570 k thru the bios because i heard overclocking the processor using any programs might cause any problem.is it true???Thank you.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Update your signature with your system config.

Check this: Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz - Overclockers Forums
Its not the same, but similar.

Top Bottom