Blue Screen Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Sunday when i was using my System, i could find that the CPU Utilization was 94%, the softwares running were IE7, Norton Internet Security 2007, Disk Defragmenter, PC Wizard. I was just monitoring the CPU Utilization, so i just opened Google Chrome browser, suddenly i got the Blue Screen Error, and system shutdown happened. But most of the times i can see my CPU Utilization hardly go beyond 25-30% when many processes are running.

Is this any Issue. Last time i could see the Blue Screen Error was when my brother was playing Testdrive Unlimited (where it happened 2 times, and later i did uninstall the game), after that this is the first time it happened.

Why do we get Blue Screen Errors? What are the instances where we get this. Is it if CPU Utilization goes 100%, or is it that a particular part of memory could not be accessed, which leads to the crash.

garfield_56

zzzzzzzzzz........
i also had a similar problem while using vista....A BLUESCREEN ERROR used to happen everytime i opened too many browsers or applications, followed by an abrupt restart and then after the reboot, there would be a message "your computer was recovered from a serious error" or something like that....

i couldn't figure out why this was so...but this didn't happen with xp!!!!

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
go to my computer properties >> then advanced tab >> then startup recovery >> there you will find system failure having 3 options. Unselect automatically restart.

Now what will happen your computer will stop on the BSOD messege. you can now read the file name by which this error has happed. Check that file replace it and everything will get ok.

I have spent the 1 yr with this BSOD's. After 1 yr i came to know that it was the problem in my sound drivers. 90% problems occurs due to old drivers installed in the system. Thank God finally i got free from my BSOD messege!!!!

fuzzz

Broken In
even if there isnt any particualr file listed in the bsod here is what u can do\
note down the error codes.
it should be something like 0x000***** something like that. if you have that u can always search the microsoft kb articles or u can always google that string. it will lead you to what is causing the error in your computer..

have you by anychance overclocked you proccy ? if so it is more that likely that the overclock is not stable and hence you are getting these errors.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
So is it related to any Hardware related issues.

No i have not even tried to overclock my proccessor. By default my mobo has overclocked it by very little. Since Q6600 is 2.4GHz, my proccy speed is 2.405Ghz.

So shall i reinstall the Drivers. Since it happened very long back, i dont find that it is a major issue. Or may be because it accessed a memory location which it could not, or the location doesn exist.

slimTech

Climbing..........
@PraveenaG - This is hardware troubleshooting forum not career troubleshooting. There is a separate section for these things to be posted.

Why do we get Blue Screen Errors? What are the instances where we get this. Is it if CPU Utilization goes 100%, or is it that a particular part of memory could not be accessed, which leads to the crash.
There are many causes when we get the BSOD messages. The common cause is device driver confliction or incompatibility. Bluescreens can also be caused by physical faults such as faulty memory, power supply issues, overheating of components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits.
You could rather, google for the solution regarding the particular error code shown in the BSOD message.

As you have specified that your proccy is running at 2.405Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz, which is normal.

You should first check the BSOD screen by pausing it as HDSK.23 has told. Check for the error code or any related information and search for the solution.

fuzzz

Broken In
here is what you do .. when you next start your computer just after post ad before you see the windows logo keep tapping f8 key .. you will then see a list select disable restart on hardware failure.. and then load windows normally.
next thing you should do is try to get the BSOD. meaning do thing that you were normally doing when u got the BSOD before. then note down the error code and google it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom