BlackBerry Storm for 12K... Should I go for it?

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hey there Guys
So its like on the naaptol website there is this offer for a Blackberry 9530 Storm for just 12K
:shock:
(Yeah,^ was my reaction too)
But from what Ive heard, Im guessing its a Flop Model thats why its no longer on sale now from local stores etc.
Cuz otherwise 12K would have been a Siiick Deal

My Question is that Should I go for it?
What are its Pros & What are its cons
And yes, I am really Like Sick of Slow phones.

My original budget is around 9K
but the thing is if its a really awesome deal, I can go for it
And if this is not a good option Pls suggest me a good phone for 9K
No more than that
What I need is basically a fast phone, touchscreen or not doesnt matter, and yeah the Screen size should be good too. :)
Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
use?

but i feel if you want something fast, go the Android route & for 9k, you can grab LG Optimus One.

also read this:

Research in Motion released specifications on the phone, reporting that 256 MB of RAM is available for applications, doubling that of the original Storm. One major change is that the method of input, SurePress, has been redesigned. Instead of one physical button that lies in the direct center of the screen, the Storm 2 has four piezoelectric sensors located on the four outer corners of the screen that allow for confirmation of input. The screen does not depress when the device is locked or off. It ships with the new BlackBerry 5.0 OS. The phone's SureType screen, which was heavily criticized on the original Storm, has been revamped and improved.

this for Storm2. so BB Storm had some input problems for sure.

andro

Broken In
The phone listed is not new it is a REFURBISHED UNIT.

A similar advertisement is there in today's Times Of India,it states in small words that it has 6 months Third-party vendor warranty,that explains that these are old unused or probably less used handsets because companies does not sell on third-party warranties.

For the phone-
# The biggest downside is the click screen mechanism,a unique annoying touch system (used the device for three months,then sold.Mine was 9500,but they are same)search any video review.
# Is slow in terms of processing power.
# It can run both GSM/CDMA(but not at the same time-its not a dual-sim)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Never used a blackberry... unless you plan to use BBM, its a bad idea...

For regular use, decent web browsing experience, good games, good apps, decent camera and multimedia,......... get an O1 instead of BB...

k4ce

Youngling
Dont buy it ... You probably wont be able to access internet on it ,.... No wifi ,... only option is the ridiculiously priced BB data plans ... stay away ....

Even if it were new, I wouldn't buy it ...

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Umm
Thanks a ton guys
But my other question, ??
*And if this is not a good option Pls suggest me a good phone for 9K
No more than that
What I need is basically a fast phone, touchscreen or not doesnt matter, and yeah the Screen size should be good too. *

Top Bottom