Black Spot on Dell Monitor, Any solve?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Black Spots on Dell Monitor, Any solve?

Some months back when plugging my Monitor a sharp edged thing caused a Black Spot, two actually on my Dell SP2208WFP Monitor. I am attaching a Picture of the Monitor, you will be able to see the spots. Now is there any way to remove this spots? I wanna sell this Monitor, so before that I'd like to see these spots gone.
Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Not able to identify them properly. Barely visible in my opinion. Maybe an internal fluid leak caused by the sharp object. What was it anyway?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Actually it's barely visible coz you are seeing it in low resolution photo, but it's kinda prominent on my end, especially when the background is white. I forgot what caused it, it is there for almost a year now, there are a lot of things on my table, so it might be a Pen, maybe my KB..is there any way to refill that leaked fluid?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Even i hv the same problem...but instead of black its a red dot....just one dot. mine is a LG 21.5 inch

paroh

Padawan
Dell Call 1800-425-4026 (Toll Free - BSNL & MTNL subscribers only) or call 080-2506-8026 (standard charges apply).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@ithehappy: cant say by the image...u can check it by touching whether its internal spot or a marked spot externally by some object.....

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yep I checked it by touching it, I am sure it's an internal spot and a fluid leak, coz when I pressed that spot a bit the the liquid fluid from side spaces filled that black spot, but as soon as I release the pressing it turned back to to black again. :(

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
My Roommate got a similar problem recently, but in our case the dark spot was very noticeable.
So we called up Dell,after a long wait we were answered. Then we were asked to send the pic to a said mail address. After 2 days we got a call that their service people will come and replace the screen. So the whole process took around 5 days i guess. My roommate was lucky enough as his warranty was just around the corner:smile:.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh god, that spot is so bad. Glad it got replaced. Anyway as mine is outta warranty I'd not get any replacement. :(

Top Bottom