.BIN extensions

crazylamhe

Broken In
I have many videos in .BIN format. However, Windows Media, VLC, KMPlayer all show error messages. I googled it, but most of the results showed that VLC should play it. I have even used third-party software to convert the files, but they refused . :( Plz. Help

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What are the size of those .BIN files? Are you sure, they are videos?
Their are .BIN files on a video DVD's too, but most of them are just to support the playback on DVD players. The actual video files are those .VOB files present on the DVD.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What are the size of those .BIN files? Are you sure, they are videos?
Their are .BIN files on a video DVD's too
, but most of them are just to support the playback on DVD players. The actual video files are those .VOB files present on the DVD.

let me add this..

BIN is binary format extension used in many file types
such as BIOS file (.bin)
Video File (.bin)
Image File (.bin)
Ninento DS system files (.bin)
OS system files (.bin)
etc etc :mrgreen:

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
They are a series of videos on Ethical Hacking, which was shared on my hostel LAN. Their sizes vary according to the time. For ex., a 1 hr. lecture is approx 72 MB long. The worst thing is that VLC is unable to play it ! Will be trying the Pot Player soon . . Thanks for your support guys !

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
In that case, you can try to convert those files into appropriate format, through converters like, Any Video Convertor. (Link: Editors and Convertors Downloads - FileHippo.com)
And then check if it plays.

RBX

In the zone
Maybe you've been given the image of the discs the videos were recorded on. Try opening one with WinRAR, also try Daemon Tools for mounting.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or the video files may be corrupted - that's why no player is able to play it.

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
In that case, you can try to convert those files into appropriate format, through converters like, Any Video Convertor. (Link: Editors and Convertors Downloads - FileHippo.com)
And then check if it plays.
Already Used a converter but The videos refused....

Maybe you've been given the image of the discs the videos were recorded on. Try opening one with WinRAR, also try Daemon Tools for mounting.
Worked my hands on them also(tried to mount with the daemon tolls).. didn't help !

Or the video files may be corrupted - that's why no player is able to play it.
Hmmm... I also think so..

No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

This is the message shown by VLC when I ask it to play !!

tkin

Back to school!!
Try SMPlayer(front end of famous mplayer), it plays files vlc can't.

On a side note, download and install this: MediaInfo

Find out the video/audio codec.

Top Bottom