Bike for comfort and long rides

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
pulsar? they were good in last decade, now theres so much choice, like 1000s of Samsingh mobiles or millions of Indica :p

give KTM Duke a test ride too :))

get CBZ.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I have Honda gearless variants.Having driven for 4 years.In my opinion you should not buy them as suspension is important for you.

Gearless tyre radius also short and less control in turns.

I recommend any bike as suggested above will be good for suspension ,mileage and control.

If you are lazy guy n not interested in gear or not so much interest in automobiles, go for gear-less.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
:lol: Booked Black Pulsar.. no one in my family liked Unicorn and a wee bit taller for me. The other pulsar colors were only Blue/Blank and Red/Blank which were not that good looking. I wanted Silver color, but the production is stopped. I got tempted to book Pulsar 200 NS or go look for Duke but held back

~80K Cash. will be paying money tomorrow and will take delivery on Monday on Ugadi. Registration on Wednesday.

Main points for choosing Pulsar over others.
My original requirement was only Activa, but choose a bike as it will have more pickup than scooter.
Its been in market for a long time. Tried and tested. and I can live with old model "Bike".
Maintenance would be easy. Any local shop can fix issues if I get any issue while traveling.
More power than Unicorn (15 BHP compared to 13.4).
At least one feet touches ground fully :p .
Bit fancier than Unicorn (it looked too basic for me)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

PS: Not sure how many facepalms I will get for Choosing Pulsar :p

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
:lol: Booked Black Pulsar.. no one in my family liked Unicorn and a wee bit taller for me. The other pulsar colors were only Blue/Blank and Red/Blank which were not that good looking. I wanted Silver color, but the production is stopped. I got tempted to book Pulsar 200 NS or go look for Duke but held back

~80K Cash. will be paying money tomorrow and will take delivery on Monday on Ugadi. Registration on Wednesday.

Main points for choosing Pulsar over others.
My original requirement was only Activa, but choose a bike as it will have more pickup than scooter.
Its been in market for a long time. Tried and tested. and I can live with old model "Bike".
Maintenance would be easy. Any local shop can fix issues if I get any issue while traveling.
More power than Unicorn (15 BHP compared to 13.4).
At least one feet touches ground fully :p .
Bit fancier than Unicorn (it looked too basic for me)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

PS: Not sure how many facepalms I will get for Choosing Pulsar :p
well your money your choice :p
congo :p

1. on delivery check the brake pedal (rear :p), my cousin's (180cc) was faulty & would not return to normal position completely. Had it replaced on the 2nd day after delivery.

2. put the bike on main stand & rotate the front wheels, if it makes any sound - disk brake/pads is misaligned. The personnel will say "saar ride 500km it'll adjust itself". If its pad issue, it'll get aligned ( wear & tear) in under 100km, if theres' still noise at front, disk brake needs replacement. They'll say ride another 1000km... tell them to stfu & change the disk. :p

3. bajaj are prone to oil leak from head (2k+ km), so when you see oil leak, get the gasket replaced by a good service center thats not bajaj.

Its an awesome bike for overtaking, crisp engine, enjoy overtakings :))

and also enjoy finding neutral gear in traffic :p (i used to just turn off engine)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
just came back after paying full amount. They asked me to take delivery before 12 Noon tomorrow. This has to be one of my fastest purchases ever. The Sales lady was very helpful as I wanted the vehicle on 31st March itself (its a public holiday) on the occasion of Ugadi.

Total on road price 79,865 /-

IND Number plate 750 + and a few Accessories 1800 extra.

That Accessories include Engine Guard, ladies handle, helmet lock etc.

I need to get a wheel lock installed later.

well your money your choice :p
congo :p

1. on delivery check the brake pedal (rear :p), my cousin's (180cc) was faulty & would not return to normal position completely. Had it replaced on the 2nd day after delivery.

2. put the bike on main stand & rotate the front wheels, if it makes any sound - disk brake/pads is misaligned. The personnel will say "saar ride 500km it'll adjust itself". If its pad issue, it'll get aligned ( wear & tear) in under 100km, if theres' still noise at front, disk brake needs replacement. They'll say ride another 1000km... tell them to stfu & change the disk. :p

3. bajaj are prone to oil leak from head (2k+ km), so when you see oil leak, get the gasket replaced by a good service center thats not bajaj.

Its an awesome bike for overtaking, crisp engine, enjoy overtakings :))

and also enjoy finding neutral gear in traffic :p (i used to just turn off engine)

Thanks for the tips San, will check before taking delivery.
Noted on the oil leaks and gasket replacement. I have a good mechanic who will take care of these.

Yea, I had a problem getting these modern bikes to neutral, its a pita in FZ. I too just shut off the engine.

Also which engine oil do you recommend? I will go for Mobil 1 or Shell Synthetic oil's after the first service.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Aah, so this is ladies handle ?

*2.imimg.com/data2/YH/XX/MY-3039563/activa-ladies-handle-250x250.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yea, mobil/shell are good, castrol is also good, but not as good as those two.

btw, Mobil 1 - McLaren F1 Team's official (oil,fuel) partner :p & Shell is Ferrari's.

*a.sidepodcast.com/content/2014/03/mclaren-mobil-1-back-in-black-livery.jpg
*www.motorsportchannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2014-Ferrari-F14-T-drivers_resize-600x400.jpg

mclaren-mobil-1-back-in-black-livery.jpg
2014-Ferrari-F14-T-drivers_resize-600x400.jpg

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Wow. dusting up an old thread.

On topic: Yes, all commuter bikes from Yamaha are very comfortable. I am not sure about the sporty ones (R15 and the likes) on longer rides.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I actually meant R15 and FZ, people say they are comfortable compare to pulsar bikes, doesn't give back pain in long rides

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL bought bike long ago and also met with an accident on the same bike. recovering from wrist fractures ( both hands) . another week to go :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom