Bharti Airtel to start DTH and IPTV services

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Bharti Airtel is entering the broadcasting segment with Direct-to-Home (DTH) and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) services. It has got approval from I&B Ministry for its DTH venture.

IPTV will be launched by December 2007 in partnership with Cisco and initially limited to six cities. DTH would be launched by Q4 of 2007-08 and promoted as a mass product.

Through IPTV, Airtel could push up its broadband base as consumers get TV content along with a fixed telephone line.

For DTH, Bharti could provide advantage of lower setup cost to consumers as the set-top boxes would be manufactured by its arm, Bharti Teletech.
Bharti Airtel has also reduced its share to 40% in the DTH venture, Bharti Telemedia Ltd. to comply with FDI guidelines

url

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^The link mentioned by @iMav is of Tuesday, August 7, 2007
May be Bharti has got approval from I&B Ministry for its DTH venture now. Plz mention the old thread link.

ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^The link mentioned by @iMav is of Tuesday, August 7, 2007
May be Bharti has got approval from I&B Ministry for its DTH venture now. Plz mention the old thread link.

Yes, maybe they got approval recently but the fact is that approval is just another process in the plan and it was already decided that they would bring it out November~December.

I didn't say anything against anyone, so you don't need to waste the time trying to defend it nor am I going to waste my time searching for the other thread.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Help~Is~Here said:
I didn't say anything against anyone, so you don't need to waste the time trying to defend it nor am I going to waste my time searching for the other thread.
If cant give prove ..than plz dont claim other's thread as old one. And searching forum dont take too much time,and its not a wastage of time.May be wastage of time for U.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
realx ravi the guy is just spamming chk this thread also *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=65153

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
cool nice to know

offtopic : does not apply to me coz any service from airtel and bharti is costly and not affordable !!

din

Tribal Boy
If they bring broadband through it, will be great. Not intereested in the TV part lol.

ravi_9793 said:
If cant give prove ..than plz dont claim other's thread as old one. And searching forum dont take too much time,and its not a wastage of time.May be wastage of time for U.

Don't understand why people take things so negetively. Everyone knows that the search function in this version of vBulletin is useless and after an hour of useless searching here's your link:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52185&highlight=Dish

Now, don't come back and say that it doesn't have anything of the approval. Like I said in my last post, it's just info about Airtel releasing their DTH.

iMav said:
realx ravi the guy is just spamming chk this thread also *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=65153

You are so good at pointing fingers and misleading others. Sad man, grow up and don't be appaulingly pathetic like you are. Please stop misleading people.

shantanu

Technomancer
@ ___ : This is technology section , so dont start fight..

@help~is~here : again your words are not ok for posting in forum.. No personal comments please.. and

@ iMAV : just dont flame anyone..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Help~Is~Here said:
Don't understand why people take things so negetively. Everyone knows that the search function in this version of vBulletin is useless and after an hour of useless searching here's your link:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52185&highlight=Dish

Now, don't come back and say that it doesn't have anything of the approval. Like I said in my last post, it's just info about Airtel releasing their DTH.
First point.....you said that it is around 1 year old new.But the thread you mentioned is 5 months old.
The thread you mentioned dont cleat that bharti is going to start this service and has got approval from I&B Ministry... But this thread strickly says about bharti..not about INSAT-4B launch.
I think you understand.Please dont panic..and take it easy.

^^ Well I have a bad memory with regards to dates so is the search function bad. Like I mentioned in the last few posts, it was just about the proposed release of Airtel DTH in november and from that when I did a little research that time, found out more about it including the share percentage and not the approval, so please, let's not argue about this anymore and just move on with it..

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
nice info guys..thanks...lets see what MTNL does now with their IPTV service which is preety much useless.....

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah I am waiting for both Bharti and Reliance to start their DTH before getting a DTH installed at my house...
Both the companies had plans to start the service earlier but due to launch failure of the satellite(INSAT) their plans got delayed..
There is a lot of monopoly in the DTH market at the moment and after both of them launch it will become affordable..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
DTH Market, prices are fine, Initial cost of installation and Setup boxes are expensive. Maybe some day cheap chinese made setup boxed hit India....:D

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Initial cost is what I was exactly referring to...
Also 300/month is pretty high...before CAS we had areas where we used to get all channels for 150/month...
But considering the improved picture quality I am ready to pay about 225/month which seems a pretty good price..
BTW I read reports that Reliance BlueMagic(DTH) will have a monthly price tag of Rs.500!!

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
aks_win said:
cool nice to know

offtopic : does not apply to me coz any service from airtel and bharti is costly and not affordable !!

Sorry could not help but reply to your offtopic comment.

Airtel is costly and not affordable? Man!!

They have the cheapest GPRS service from amonst IDEA or Hutch.
Their calling plan of 10p was also one of the cheapest for atleast an year, it has only been matched by Hutch and IDEA now.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ + they are charging for the kind of service they give. Idea can never match the kinda service Airtel provides. Hutch is good too but not as good as Airtel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom