Bharti Airtel Launches IPTV Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
After launching its Direct-to-home (DTH) or Digital TV interactive services in the country in October 2008, Bharti Airtel has now introduced its Internet Protocol on Television (IPTV) services in India, popularly known as Triple Play (voice, data, and video).

In its first phase of roll-out, Bharti's IPTV services will be made available in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Noida. The service will offer subscribers 3 key facilities:
* Interactive 2.0: This makes complete online transactions on TV possible, for example, users can purchase food and even movie tickets through IPTV.
* Time Shift TV: This transforms TV viewing into a two-way experience, allowing the viewer to pause and rewind live TV as well as auto-record and store favorite programmes for 7 days.
* Movies on Demand: 100 blockbuster titles that can be accessed on demand by subscribers at any time.

Airtel digital TV interactive services are available in 2 entry packs:
* A. Magic@ Home Pack (Triple Play Plan) at Rs. 999 per month, which gives access to 135 channels, 256 kbps broadband speed with unlimited download, and a landline connection.
* B. Combo Pack (IPTV and Broadband Plan) at Rs. 599 per month, which gives access to 117 channels and 256 kbps broadband speed with a download limit of 2.5 GB.
The service will be backed by 24x7 customer care, says the company.

*www.techtree.com/India/News/After_DTH_Bharti_Airtel_Launches_IPTV_Services/551-97936-613.html

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
WOW Tv just gets keeping better.!
Now where is that piggy bank which i kept to save for the HDTV Plasma ?
Sigh no enough money.IPTV you please take your time..!

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
How will be the streaming on 256 kbps speed? I am already on the same speed and the online streaming isn't exactly noteworthy. However, if the streaming is goo, I would want it to launch soon in B'lore as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom