Beware Airtel Mobile Office Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Those of you using Airtel Mobile Office service at Rs.15/day, do not deactivate the service. Deactivating & reactivating it will put you under new Airtel Mobile Office Subscription service which costs Rs.25/day. Yes that's right Rs.25.

Also incase you do not have any GPRS service activated on your Airtel prepaid, do not try to use GPRS service as doing this will deduct 30paise from your account for each 50kb data transfer.

Rather shockingly, I lost Rs.71.50 yesterday though I had Rs.15/day scheme activated. :shock:
Complaining in Airtel didn't worked.
So guys, beware !!!

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Already know this.
Using Airtel MO 499 plan(UL use). New users have only limited use plans. CC says company won't change the plan on its own, but once you deactivate the service, the old plan won't be available. I think they will implement Fair usage policy on UL MO as well.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
I guess geeks who use MO for free don't need to worry much about this! :grin:

Why pay when you can use it for free? What's the use of being a geek? What's the use of all the knowledge? :razz:

But anyway, last time I had a chat with CC, they told me MO is still 14.99 INR per month.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I was being charged in the last couple of days on the data I consume while using Mobile Office, even though it is supposed to be an unlimited service. However when I contacted Airtel they were quick to give me a refund on the amount that was deducted from my account. Now everything is working fine.

Having said that it doesn't really matter much cause I'm not being charged 15 bucks for Mobile Office since the last couple of months.

kool

Cyborg Agent
mine is still free since 8 months... [:)] i'm from patna, and now using it in NOIDA also. working fine roaming...

george101

Good Boy
wel am using FREE idea gprs. its much much better than airtel and costs 35rs/day, but for me its free... :p

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
omg !!! thanks for informing GPRS was working on my phone and i couldn't understand how...so they will deduct rs. as per 50kb

jatt

In the zone
Airtel sucks now they deducted mine Rs.500 for mobile office instead of Rs.250 and they not informed me about these changes with any sms or by call.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
There are no hacks as such. It is just because of some glitch at their end that a few lucky users are getting free Mobile Office.

Pratul_09

Journeyman
This glitch works only when you activate and try to deactivate MO within 24 hrs. You will get answer as 'you can't deactivate the service before 24 hrs'. This you will have to try to deactivate more than one time. Next deactivate after 24 hrs and reactivate and check the balance after 24 hrs if they have auto renewed the subscription and deducted the balance. If not then you have successfully MO free. Just remember to keep the balance as low as possible about 15/- rs (earlier), 25/- rs. (now). or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom