Better to do which in Delhi/Gurgaon? .Net, Java or PHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circular_q

Broken In
Hi,
Which has more jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon? .Net, Java or PHP? Is it true that Java requires experience and engineering degree (I am an MCA) and there are less jobs in Delhi?

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
A very uninformed query dear....

Any good job requires exp. or else recruitment for freshers.

Php is not programming or s/w engg job per say.

If u want to get into coding or application dev..its better to do .Net or Java. It depends on your taste. why u say just java??.. .net or java... engg are preferred. but that doesn't mean MCA guys have no opportunity. You guys do.

OP
C

circular_q

Broken In
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. But I don't see how it is an uninformed query. Everyone newly getting into the field would want to know which technologies are in demand in their preferred locations.

I don't see why PHP development wouldn't be called application development. Lots of web-applications are made in PHP. Its peers are ASP.NET and JSP/Struts/JSF but they are used in enterprise applications more and PHP is used in lay-user applications more.

But thanks again for your comments. They are helpful.

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
hmmm....

1. No one can say what jobs are in delhi or gurgaon.
2. coding job doesnt always mean u have to be a engg.
3. and java has no specialty that it needs exp and engg degree..its just a platform.

hence a uniformed query mate.

PHP is application development if u want to say so. its just a ITes so in pure s/w engg sense. Its not. web application development is not a s/w engineering job. anyone can do that. thats the difference between IT and ITes job.

Now u do understand that u were talking abt a ITes job. as long as u are talking abt that. you are correct.

OP
C

circular_q

Broken In
Well, it certainly can be found out which jobs are more in Delhi by the experiences of those who are looking for jobs and from job advertisements. And software development is engineering (creating things literally). So my query is reasonable I think and not at all uninformed.

Besides, PHP development isn't ITeS at all. ITeS means using IT tools to essentially do non-IT jobs like handling calls, processing transactions, researching, writing reports or designing graphics. Unless you think PHP development is only designing graphics and animations, it is not ITeS. PHP is a programming language. It is Turing complete. It is used to develop software applications. So there is no reason to not call it software engineering. Only because it pays relatively less than .Net or Java jobs doesn't make it a non-software engineering job. Technical defintions have got nothing to do with resource costs.

Anyway, I have solved my issue by learning and realizing that tools aren't a thing to become fans of. It is the actual job which is important. So .Net, Java or PHP, it doesn't matter. The job is of making software applications which are predominantly web-based.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom