Better news for pcsx2 lovers(playstation2 emulator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
pcsx2 have launched their 0.9.6 version which is much more compatible and is capable of playing playstation 2 games at better speed on a decent rig....

i tried wwe smackdown 5 dvd on my quite average machine (amd turion X2 1.6, 1gb ram, 256mb nvidia geforce 6150) n got about 40-60fps... other games mite run better n even more if config is more...

the website www.pcsx2.net have also ward off the complex plugin settings, just download the setup, get UR bios file n ur ready to go...

Enjoy~!

Zero Cool

Right off the assembly line
Ive been using it for some time , i added the latest GSDX 1.15 to the mix & the results are that i can play GTA VCS & MGS Subsistence on my PC without any overclocking at 55-60 FPS. So all in all the whole thing is very usable

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
i am not able to play NFS carbon.. it shows that it needs bios files to run.. where do I get them?

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
bios files r available over internet but are illegal to download em... so u need 2 have ur own bios file from ps2 console... to make the emulator non-pirated... :)

i played wwe smackdown: here comes the pain on pc... it ran on arnd 50-60fps upto menu but came down to 10fps while in the match but as i told i hv a very ordinary config... n that too its a laptop wit onboard graphics... so u know...

Enjoy~!

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i have a PS2 . how can i extract the BIOS of my PS2? will sony give me if i tell my ps2's serial no.

prat

Broken In
Info is available at pcsx2 website (how to dump your bios from ps2)

I am playing Smackdown vs Raw 2009 and it was playable with about 40-50 fps.

Process is dificult so go to mininova.org and search there.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
well suggest some good/classic ps2 exclusive game that runs nicely on this emulator

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Info is available at pcsx2 website (how to dump your bios from ps2)

I am playing Smackdown vs Raw 2009 and it was playable with about 40-50 fps.

Process is dificult so go to mininova.org and search there.
i tried it. and got the result. :) thanks.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
yes this website has all info n downloads (except bios ofcourse) for ps2 emu...

@hjpotter92: can u tell me ur config on wich u played smack vs raw 09?

Enjoy~!

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
yes this website has all info n downloads (except bios ofcourse) for ps2 emu...

@hjpotter92: can u tell me ur config on wich u played smack vs raw 09?

Enjoy~!
I didn't play smack vs. RAW, i don't like WWE games. I played Burnout, gta, NFS and many other games. :)
BTW, sys. specs are:
Intel Core i7, Intel DX58SO, NVIDIA 9600 series, samsung 19" LCD Syncmaster 920 nW
anything else wanted, i shall PM to you. :)

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
arre nope... actually just wanted 2 c wat kinda specs u have being able 2 play games at decent fps...

Enjoy~!

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
better wit dual core i suppose.... i reads for lotsa threads at once....so hunts for mmx sse compatibility n all

Enjoy~!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Tried this with all the latest plug-ins & even the beta patch, but the dam thing still stutters. There is massive audio delay & skipping. The frame rates touches 60 during initial loading, but once you actually get into any game, it slows down dramatically. I would stick to my PS2 for now.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ya thats true...esp on not that fast computers, like mine :) ....

as i sed the gameplay drops to 10fps after 50-60fps on loading the event...

but wit high end systems, some games do work well...

Enjoy~!

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
does it runs on integrated graphics?if not ps2 then just ps1 games?
because i want to play god of war.
please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom