Best Z77 Motherboard

Which one is the Best Z77 Motherboard

• Total voters

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Guys.. which one of these you think is the best Z77 motherboard ? Please add any other motherboard that I may have missed.
I've mixed all the flagships and high end offerings together so that we can factor in cost to performance ratio.

ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
ASRock Fatality Z77
ASRock Z77 OC Formula
Asus Maximus V Extreme
Asus Maximus V Formula
Asus Maximus V Gene
Asus P8Z7-V Deluxe
Asus P8Z7-V Pro
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7
Gigbyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Intel DZ77RE-75K
MSI Z77 Mpower
MSI Z77A-GD65

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
am sure most of the people here will go with the cheapest one as most VFM(telling from experience:p)
My pick:
G1 Sniper 3
Maximus V Formula
P8Z77 V premium(Feature wise..haven't tested the performance)
P8Z77 V Deluxe(feature+performance)
Z77 OC Formula(although VRm still has some problems but looks pretty sweet) and yes i do test Asrock boards...sometimes pick em up with my own money..sadly they fail to impress me on the performance side..maybe am too picky.
UP7 is not available here..has a talk with GB..

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Ye... VFM means the cheapest for most people.. lol.

The ASRock Z77 OC Formula really looks interesting, reviews are also good about it. It retails at 17k on flipkart... full 4k less than Asus Formula. I'm absolutely happy with Asus though :)
Last time around I also had picked up a ASRock Z7 7 Extreme 6 ... feature wise it was good but disappointed me with its build quality and very bad RMA experience with Digicare. Its now sitting pretty in one my friends rigs.

ARock Z77 OC reviews -
ASRock Z77 OC Formula (Intel Z77) Motherboard Review - Final Thoughts :: TweakTown USA Edition
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Review » Page 12 - Conclusion - Overclockers Club
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Review: LGA 1155 Mainboard for Overclocking and Breaking Records. Page 9 - X-bit labs

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
According to the spaces & the price, Asus Maximus V Extreme seems to teh best pf the lineup.

P.S. Consider changing thread title, otherwise I smell flame war coming up.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
I think Maximus V Extreme and Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 are the most expensive mobos out there. Extreme costs 6k more than Formula. That's the premium Asus is charging to get 4way GFX support and on-board Thuderbolt.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
According to the spaces & the price, Asus Maximus V Extreme seems to teh best pf the lineup.

P.S. Consider changing thread title, otherwise I smell flame war coming up.

dont think so....already posted some stuffs in reference to queries raised by vkl...if ppl can read they wont war over the point..

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Its out of stock almost everywhere. True Sabertooth has a lot going for it especially the chipset cooling perfromance due to shielding and pricing of 18k but then it lacks wifi module and a PLX chip. Asus should have used a better audio chip than ALC892. They have used ALC898 in P8Z77 mobos.

Pros
1. Unique looks due to shielding
2. Pricing
3. Chipset cooling
4. Feature reach

Cons
1. Availability
2. Lack of Wi-fi at this price
3. Lack of PLX chip
4. Audio Chip

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'm planning to buy in India itself. But that's a hidden agenda here... shhh... we are discussing the top z77 mobos. :shock:

Then I think you should think about the price performence ratio.
Z77 Formula is priced at a point where z77 extreme should be priced at (IMO).
Take a look at Asrock z77 OC formula,
Asus P8Z77 Deluxe.

If budget is not a problem, then it is another matter. :p Don't look anything beyond Z77 extreme. Brand value and name matters. hehe.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
err....with the stuff they put inside the extreme...the pricing is ok..someone going in heavy with LN2 and extreme solutions will love the stuffs thats inside the extreme..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
err....with the stuff they put inside the extreme...the pricing is ok..someone going in heavy with LN2 and extreme solutions will love the stuffs thats inside the extreme..

Oh yes. I can't blame Asus though. I should blame dollar-rupee exchange rate.
And where is the like button in the forum? :-(

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
I wont be going in for LN2. So zeroing on Maximus V Formula or ASRock Z77 OC. Asus has gained my thumbs up after using their MVG and DCII, but my friend had bad RMA experience with the ASRock Extreme 6 mobo which I bought and he is using. We had to wait for 2 months to get it replaced.
Related to P8Z77V-Deluxe... I think Formula and this mobo are same except colors. Layout is exact same as well. Yesterday I had discussion on this with "HiVizMan" of ROG forums and he was of this opinion as well.

ASRock Z77 OC formula seems to a very good deal @ 17332 all inclusive :) ... tempted :)
*www.flipkart.com/asrock-z77-oc-formula-motherboard/p/itmdczynzgvwy5by?pid=MBDDCNRER4XWHX7H&ref=98b98e8b-700c-4c34-9686-8b3eca81898b

Top Bottom