Best TV tuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneeshkj

Broken In
Can someone suggest me the best tuner card available(external)???
Any cards with video out that can be connected to tv????

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
i am also looking for TV Tuner which can connect Audio/video to my DVD player is there any available , i have Pinacle PCTV card but it has no audio/video only s-video

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am also in search of a good external tuner to connect to LCD monitor since I am fed up with the quality of my present Pinnacle PCTV Pro. (internal)

Aparajith

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Is it true that External TV Tuner cards provide better clarity than internal cards ? If so why ? which external TV tuner card should I go for then ?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Have a look here to know the different types of external tv tuners and to know what you are looking for. I find the quality of external USB based tv tuners to be similar to PCI based internal TV tuners. PCTV Pro is a good card, wonder why you say it is that bad.

digiFriend

In the zone
there are two types of tv card. software encoding and hardware encoding. soft encoding put this heavy task on system processor while hardware encorder have special chip on the card itself.
this thing makes differences in quality of output picture( not external or internal card).

follow the link to see some hardware encording tv card

*techreport.com/reviews/2005q2/tuner-comparo/index.x?pg=1

Aparajith

Broken In
Can u guys suggest me a dealer in Mumbai or Chennai to get a hardware decoder enabled TV tuner card like Hauppage or ATI theater cards ?

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
hey guys wanted to know whether LCD's work with External tv cards....cuz i have a Intex Ext tv card and my lcd says that the "Input is not supported".....
can anyone help me..and of course which card to go for..

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
@dursleyin
Yes, external ( I am not refering to usb, but one which goes between monitor and CPU, no recording) TV Tuners do work with LCD.

@all
I am looking for a nice internal TV tuner Card especially for recording purpose. VCR is too old now. It should have low CPU consumption and very good picture quality.
Budget upto 5K

OP
A

aneeshkj

Broken In
I am opting the Tv tuner card with Tv out becaause my tvs tuner is not working. So it will be great if i get something which hav video out too...

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
varkey said:
then get the PowerColor ATi Theater 550 Card. It offers the best video quality.

specs look good. but has nebody got it? and approx price in Mumbai, India

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
ATI has already released the Theater 650 Card. It's better than the Theatre 50 or anything nVidia has to offer. You'll have a hard time finding it in India though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom