Best softwares u have ever used ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
rakeshishere said:
Institution,companies :I can understand that they have enough amount of money to buy but single individuals like us who struggle to buy a comp in the initial stages ,how to manage..:confused:
ya i can understand
cool man if you dont want to go for Original or pirated one & still want to use the software then go for 15-30 days trial version
One of my friend who is IT professional able to buy original but has comp. in his home he use Norton System Works 2005, Norton has some utility in it which records all file while installing the software, he install the trial version & after the expiry of software he uninstall he software with norton & again install the trial copy & belive the he again get 30 days trial software installed in PC
for windows i exactly dont know but he use trial version & Windows give more than 3 months of trial period so for him it is a habit to format the PC in 3 months

Zerg

Right off the assembly line
Internet:
Opera
Mozilla Firefox
Copernic Agent
Flashget

Multimedia:
Media Player Classic

System:
Kaspersky antivirus
IZarc archiver

sakumar79

Technomancer
imported_Satyam said:
ya i can understand
cool man if you dont want to go for Original or pirated one & still want to use the software then go for 15-30 days trial version
One of my friend who is IT professional able to buy original but has comp. in his home he use Norton System Works 2005, Norton has some utility in it which records all file while installing the software, he install the trial version & after the expiry of software he uninstall he software with norton & again install the trial copy & belive the he again get 30 days trial software installed in PC
for windows i exactly dont know but he use trial version & Windows give more than 3 months of trial period so for him it is a habit to format the PC in 3 months

Technically, that is also not legal... Trial version is supposed to be for testing the software. After testing the software for the said period (usually 30 days), the license says that to continue to use the software you should purchase it. By uninstalling the trial software clean and reinstalling it for reuse, you will be violating the software license agreement...

If you dont want to go for the high-cost software, try out the free software... In most cases (except for professional use), you will find free software that do as well or almost as well as the more popular paid software...

Lets assume that you paid for Windows...

For Office Suite, you have OpenOffice.org.
For antivirus solutions, you have Avast/AVT,etc (but these are free for home use only and not for office use).
For firewall, you have Kerio, Zone Alarm Personal editions.
For system maintenance you have many small utils such as TuneXP, Xteq X-Setup, jv16 older version(current versions are shareware, you can download the last free version from a few websites), xpAntispy, CCleaner, etc.
For compression, there is Zip Genius.
For spyware checking, there is Adaware and Spybot SnD
For backup, you can use Windows backup tool, Polder backup and many more free tools.
For Notepad enhancements, there are many including Edit Pad Lite, Crimson Editor, etc...
For music and videos, WinAmp, QCD Player, DivX, K-Lite pack, etc.
For photo editing, GIMP, Photofiltre
For browsing, Opera, Mozilla, Avant Browser, SLim Browser
For POP mail checking, Eudora (available in Lite Ad-free and full Ad-ware versions), etc

Arun

mediator

Technomancer
Winamp
VLC player
CloneCD
MS Office 2000
Firefox
zonealarm
Sonique Cd creator
Fedora any version!
Dreamweaver.
MS PAINT!!
list is endless.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Windows XP Home
OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 (2.x is a RAM eater and I do not need Base)
7Zip
VLC Media Player
Real Player
7-Zip
Daemon tools
ISO Recorder Powertoy
Java Runtime Environment For Open Office.org
Orbitron
PDF Creator
The File Splitter 1.31
Atlantis Nova Lite
Budgie
Foxit Reader
Microsoft Office Viewers/Text Maker Viewer
Spread 32 (Super light Spreadsheet)
XnView
AVG or Avast

This is is if its not on Net in the online case add firefox and Adaware SE too

knight17

In the zone
Code:
[b]Essentials[/b]
Acrobat Reader
Windows Mediaplayer
[b]Internet[/b]
Opera
BBCode Studio.
Callisto
Flock
Windows Live Meddenger
Yahoo! Messenger
Reddiff Bol
Avant Browser
Bit Torrent
DAP 8 Premium
Ad Muncher
Incredimail XE Premium
[b]System[/b]
Kaspersky 6.0
Zonealarm Pro
O&O Defrag Pro
O&O Clever Cache
Advanced System Optimizer
Lavasoft Adaware SE
Spybot S&D
WinRAR
eBook Pass Cracker
MSN Desktop search

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
rakeshishere said:
Here is one more who loves using DREAMWEAVER and VISUAL STUDIO..Can i know from when u have been using them as u bought it locally in some provision stores

well i didn't say that i use them , i said that i have used them .

i tried out trial version of dreamweaver and use visual studio express edition , and both look very good .

i use notepad++ instead of dreamweaver .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom