Best possible Desktop under Rs. 30,000

divye2006

Right off the assembly line
Hey,

Earlier I was planing to buying a pre assembled PC from Dell or HP. But the cost was around 35k and few friends advised me not to buy a pre assembled, as they are not worth.

So, please help me in building my new desktop. I am looking for a reliable and fast desktop. My budget is 25k-30k and it includes the following:

All the components that go into the cabinet+LED monitor 20"+wireless keyboard+wireless mouse+ Speakers

Below are my requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact.Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'etcetera.')
Ans: Internet surfing-FB, Emails, You tube, chating
Playing games like NFS, GTA, Call of duty
Watching HD movies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k-30k...Cant go more than 30K....this includes everything...even the speakers

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No Idea what this means

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500gb(1 tb if price diff is not much).

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 20" LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have a UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within the next 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi. Would prefer buying locally, I am thinking of Cost to cost in Nehru place. But, If you have better suggestion plz let me know.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Would prefer a wireless keyboard nd mouse. Also, I have a router. Can the desktop be wireless? So i can connect it to my LED TV.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
AMD A10 5800K @ 8k
MSI Mobo @ 4k
Gskill RipJAWSx 4 GB x 2 @ 3.8k
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB @ 3k
ASUS DVD RW @ 1k
Corsair CX430 V2 @ 2.3k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.8k
DELL IN2030M @ 6.5K
Logitech MK200 @ 0.65K
Creative Speakers 2.0 @ 0.4k
Total ~ 31k

AMD A10 5800K @ 8k
MSI Mobo @ 4k
ASUS DVD RW @ 1k
Corsair CX430 V2 @ 2.3k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.8k
DELL IN2030M @ 6.5K
Logitech MK200 @ 0.65K
Total ~ 31k

+ for this.

Can the desktop be wireless? So i can connect it to my LED TV.
What do you mean? Do you want to connect the display wirelessly or what?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Intel Rig
i3 3220 6.9k
B75 MSI mobo 4k
Gskill 4 GB 1.5k
ASUS DVD RW @ 1k
Corsair CX430 V2 @ 2.3k
Mid Range Zebby Cabinet without PSU - 0.5K
DELL IN2030M @ 6.5K
HD 7770 - 7.5K
Wireless Kb/M - 1k
Total ~ 33k
or the AMD rig suggested by Sainatarajan

The Intel Config will give you much better gaming performance though as you have dedicated gfx card

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel Rig
i3 3220 6.9k
B75 MSI mobo 4k
Gskill 4 GB 1.5k
ASUS DVD RW @ 1k
Corsair CX430 V2 @ 2.3k
DELL IN2030M @ 6.5K
HD 7770 - 7.5K
Wireless Kb/M - 1k
Total ~ 33k

The Intel Config will give you much better gaming performance though as you have dedicated gfx card

+1 for this rig

bobo:razz:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
forget to tell, get i3 3210 (just 100mhz less than i3 3220) at cost to cost store at @rs 5990 only so save up rs 1000. nerevarine rig comes to 32k now

OP
D

divye2006

Intel Rig
i3 3220 6.9k
B75 MSI mobo 4k
Gskill 4 GB 1.5k
ASUS DVD RW @ 1k
Corsair CX430 V2 @ 2.3k
DELL IN2030M @ 6.5K
HD 7770 - 7.5K
Wireless Kb/M - 1k
Total ~ 33k

Thanx for your all your inputs.

@harshilsharma63- By wireless, I mean that is it possible to connect the CPU to my LED tv which is in the other room and still be able to connect to the internet using the router I have. I think some kind of wireless card is required for this.

I will drop the idea of GPU, as its exceeding my budget (ie: 25-30k Max). I do have a Ps 3, so i will upgrade my pc in the near future.

I have a few questions:

1. Regarding the mobo, B75 MSI mobo does not have HDMI port. So, I am thinking about gigabyte b75m-d3h. What do you guys think?

2. I think CM Elite 310 does come with a PSU. Do I need to buy Corsair CX430 V2 saperately?

3. Please suggest me should i go for 4 GB or 8GB Ram?

Thank You

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I have a few questions:

1. Regarding the mobo, B75 MSI mobo does not have HDMI port. So, I am thinking about gigabyte b75m-d3h. What do you guys think?

2. I think CM Elite 310 does come with a PSU. Do I need to buy Corsair CX430 V2 saperately?

Thank You

1)Gigabyte b75m-d3h is very good mobo.get it

2)no it doesnot have psu.get cxv2 430w one

3)4gb is more more than enough for your needs

Good luck:wink:

@harshilsharma63- By wireless, I mean that is it possible to connect the CPU to my LED tv which is in the other room and still be able to connect to the internet using the router I have. I think some kind of wireless card is required for this.

I will drop the idea of GPU, as its exceeding my budget (ie: 25-30k Max). I do have a Ps 3, so i will upgrade my pc in the near future.

I have a few questions:

Thank You

> Gigabyte B75M DH3 is a very nice motherboard.

> Yes. Those PSUs are crap and you won't like to risk your hardware. Go for cx430v2.

> 4 GB if going for Intel and 8 GB if going for A10 5800k.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I have a few questions:

Thank You

You dont need HDMI on Mobo when you are going for a graphics card that has HDMI + DVI+ 2 Display ports

OP
D

divye2006

Hey!!!

Thanks, u guyz have been very helpful. I am going to buy the PC soon from Nehru place.

I was thinking of building it myself. But, if I do it myself, will the retailer give me hardware support/warranty? or should I get it assembled from NP?

Also, I am going for the Dell IN2030M 20 inch LED. Is their a better LED at this price point?

Cheers!!!

Hey!!!

Thanks, u guyz have been very helpful. I am going to buy the PC soon from Nehru place.

I was thinking of building it myself. But, if I do it myself, will the retailer give me hardware support/warranty? or should I get it assembled from NP?

Also, I am going for the Dell IN2030M 20 inch LED. Is their a better LED at this price point?

Cheers!!!
> Build it yourself, you'll learn a lot in the process. :) Watch some youtube videos for help or post here.

> The warranty is on the components (processor, motherboard, ram, HDD, etc) not on the whole box. So you can safely assemble it yourself and no warranty will be breached.

> At that price, dell in2030 is good. See if you can get another 2k to get the Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS full HD monitor.

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD A10 5800K @ 8k
MSI Mobo @ 4k
ASUS DVD RW @ 1k
Corsair CX430 V2 @ 2.3k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.8k
DELL IN2030M @ 6.5K
Logitech MK200 @ 0.65K
Total ~ 31k

+1 for this.

OP
D

divye2006

Hello everyone

I have finally built my PC. Below is my config

Intel Core i3-3220
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB
Cooler Master K350
Coolermaster 450W PSU
Samsung CD/DVD player
Dell S series S2240L
Logitech Wireless Combo MK330

Thanks everyone. U guyz have been very helpful.

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom