1. Budget?
=> 30K (Can increase a little)

2. Display type and size?
=> 4.5 - 5

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
=> Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
=> No preferred choice.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
=> Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
=> Minimum 8MP with Flash. Camera is my most important priority.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
=> Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
=> WiFi, 2G / 3G

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
=> Lots of Apps.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
=> Mails, Multimedia, internet, camera, GPS (in decreasing order of priority) (Not interested in Gaming)

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
=> LG G2

12. Any other info that you want to share.
=> Good ROM Support is needed.

I am going to purchase the Mobile on 10th of April. I know new flagships are launching next month but all of them has disappointed us and won't pay 10k extra for a slight bump in CPU and fingerprint scanner.

Get Nexus 5
Best android mobile under 30k you won't regret
Nexus 5 got everything you need so get it without thinking twice.
You will get google updates immediately.

ashs1

Padawan
if you are getting LG g2 under 30k, its a gr8 deal !!
Another Option is Xperia Z1 which is also around 30k @ebay ( Brand NEW Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 1 Year Sony India MFG Warranty | eBay )
i m not sure about how legit it is though.

Since Camera is your main priority, i'd say Z1>G2>Nexus5. & not to forget, Z1 also has good dev. support. :)

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

if you are getting LG g2 under 30k, its a gr8 deal !!
Another Option is Xperia Z1 which is also around 30k @ebay ( Brand NEW Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 1 Year Sony India MFG Warranty | eBay )
i m not sure about how legit it is though.

Since Camera is your main priority, i'd say Z1>G2>Nexus5. & not to forget, Z1 also has good dev. support. :)

I am not getting LG G2 under 30K anywhere but I might increase my budget for it. Z1 Compact screen size is small for me. Which phone is better overall? Z1 or LG G2? I'm seeing S4 is selling cheap. How is it compared to G2 and Z1?

ashs1

Padawan
Performance wise, its a very close call between Z1 and G2.
imo, G2 has a much better display than Z1.
The main area where Z1 trumps over G2 is

Better Camera ( Note : G2 doesn't have a bad camera at all..its just that Z1 is comparatively better )
Expandable Memory - G2 has no expandable memory option..only two options 16/32 GB
Waterproof/Dustproof
slightly premium build quality ( opinions may differ here though. :) )
Quicker Updates than LG ?? :)

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Performance wise, its a very close call between Z1 and G2.
imo, G2 has a much better display than Z1.
The main area where Z1 trumps over G2 is

Better Camera ( Note : G2 doesn't have a bad camera at all..its just that Z1 is comparatively better )
Expandable Memory - G2 has no expandable memory option..only two options 16/32 GB
Waterproof/Dustproof
slightly premium build quality ( opinions may differ here though. :) )
Quicker Updates than LG ?? :)

There are custom mod available for G2 which makes it camera more better by allowing 4K UHD and 120fps video. Developer Attempts to Make the LG G2 Camera Even More Boss, Exclusive to Stock ROM Users | Droid Life
Updates doesn't matter as I am going to mod it the first day. :) So the main advantages are Expandable Memory, Waterproof/Dustproof and Slightly better build quality. Also heard Z1 overheats a lot because of Single Body Design. Confused between G2 and Z1. How is S4?

- - - Updated - - -

What is the best deal I can get for LG G2 32GB? I am seeing it is around 38K everywhere online.

ece2k2

Broken In
I was in the same dilemma earlier and finally bought the LG G2 16GB off Amazon (found an Amazon fulfilled listing for Rs.29875 and grabbed it immediately). I must say that this phone is a pretty good all rounder - good display, good battery life, decent build/camera and is lag free. I received the official kit kat upgrade too.

The only downside is the limited choice/availability of accessories online and zero availability offline. But if you have someone in US, I am sure you could find some decent stuff to decorate LG G2.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

I was in the same dilemma earlier and finally bought the LG G2 16GB off Amazon (found an Amazon fulfilled listing for Rs.29875 and grabbed it immediately). I must say that this phone is a pretty good all rounder - good display, good battery life, decent build/camera and is lag free. I received the official kit kat upgrade too.

The only downside is the limited choice/availability of accessories online and zero availability offline. But if you have someone in US, I am sure you could find some decent stuff to decorate LG G2.

How can you manage the phone with 16GB Storage?

ece2k2

Broken In
How can you manage the phone with 16GB Storage?

I was pretty comfortable with the iPhone 8 GB and 4 GB internal memory of Samsung Galaxy R earlier. So I am hoping that 10+ GB of available space should be good enough for me - I don't store a lot of videos, apps and games though. I was primarily looking for a smartphone with a good screen and long lasting battery - as I browse a lot, and I didn't want to spend a few more thousands on the additional space.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

So I am finally ready to buy a smartphone. What do you guys think if I purchase a imported Note 3?
Brand NEW Samsung N9005 16GB Galaxy Note 3 LTE Gold 16GB Factory Unlocked | eBay

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well in that budget S4 would be my choice. If you like G2 you can get it. But if you can get a Note 3 within that price with warranty then surely go for that, that is if you don't have any problem with the size. Samsung always optimizes the Note line-up better than S, so the experience of TW framework will be much pleasing than in S4, also more bug free than S series.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Well in that budget S4 would be my choice. If you like G2 you can get it. But if you can get a Note 3 within that price with warranty then surely go for that, that is if you don't have any problem with the size. Samsung always optimizes the Note line-up better than S, so the experience of TW framework will be much pleasing than in S4, also more bug free than S series.

I was more inclined towards S4 but the Exynos cpu is making me not to purchase it. Even the Indian Note 3 is lacking Snapdragon and 4K video recording. 4K Video recording is not important but the camera doesn't have OIS. It is a bit more expensive than G2 and costing Rs. 42,350. I think G2 have a upper hand over Note 3. It doesn't looks like G2 Pro is releasing any soon in India. Does anyone have experience of getting a imported model repaired by Samsung?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Why are you avoiding Exynos? My reason is far far lesser support in XDA, in fact none after KitKat is released. Other than that it's fine imho, maybe Snapdragon models heat less also. Ah, who gives a frak now, just two more months of patience :cool:

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Why are you avoiding Exynos? My reason is far far lesser support in XDA, in fact none after KitKat is released. Other than that it's fine imho, maybe Snapdragon models heat less also. Ah, who gives a frak now, just two more months of patience :cool:

Yes, that is one of the reason. Snapdragon GPU is faster than Exynos. 4K video recording is supported by Snapdragon. You can see how it is working well on G2 after a custom modded camera app. Battery Life is better in Snapdragon and is more futureproof imo.

Edit: Faster GPU in Snapdragon.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

So I am going to buy the phone today and decided on LG G2 32GB. Any last movement suggestion?

Top Bottom