Best phone in between price tag of Rs.8k to Rs.13k

Hi to all digitians,
I want to buy phone a phone within 3months. My major work will be internet(whatsapp+facebook are the major uses) and play games like gta san andreas, vice city gta III, dead space, asphalt 8 etc. i dono need high end graphics in my game medium graphics will suffice with gud performance.... Screen size try to be 4.5inches + or 5inches will be better. Also it must play 720p video and 1080p if possible. And gud storage if microsd available it will be gud. A gud camera, front camera and 3G and other basic thing in smart phone. Thanks to all for helping. Tell me all availible and upcoming phones(within June - July) in this range.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
lol you are like me .. don't buy in july buy in august

as that will be when the next upgrade cycle is coming..

features you will be getting in 13k

4g ( will work in india )
Cortex A53
Arm v8 64 bit
High Graphic performance ( equivalent to Adreno 320 )
Faster Ram

by that time moto G will become an ancient classic phone :lol: and likely moto G 2 will be announced by then with the above upgraded specs

Last edited:

matrixx

Journeyman
by that time moto G will become an ancient classic phone :lol: and likely moto G 2 will be announced by then with the above upgraded specs

looks like upgrade strom coming nearby August... LG L65, Moto LTE, Moto G2, Sammy Core 2, Xp M2 .....

finger crossed... to wait or to proceed!!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
looks like upgrade strom coming nearby August... LG L65, Moto LTE, Moto G2, Sammy Core 2, Xp M2 .....

finger crossed... to wait or to proceed!!

Lg l65, Moto E , core 2 , xperia M2 are not upgrades they belong to this cycle..

the next upgrade cycle will begin when 64 bit cpu will start launching in Q3..

it's definitely worth the wait if you can.. branded one will carry snapdragon 410 while Chinese/local ones will carry Mediatek 6732

also google is in talks with mediatek for a 100 $ nexus device

Last edited:

matrixx

Journeyman
its good news rish.
.. does it mean snapdragon is clear performer than mediatek... if yes, dont you think performance benchmark depends on how it use and to assemble with... its like TGV Engine connected even with Rajdhani not makes sense to achieve more than 200km/hr even.. ..

rish1

Cyborg Agent
its good news rish.
.. does it mean snapdragon is clear performer than mediatek... if yes, dont you think performance benchmark depends on how it use and to assemble with... its like TGV Engine connected even with Rajdhani not makes sense to achieve more than 200km/hr even.. ..

sir Mediatek and Snapdragon both utilize same Cortex a53 and cortex A7 designed by ARM so performance is exactly same when it comes to CPU .. Difference lies in GPU where mediatek is relying on Mali and Snapdragon on Adreno .. Here the advantage goes to mediatek if you are comparing Adreno 305 vs Mali 450

and again in the upcoming chips gpu advantage will go to mediatek as they will be offering Mali T760 which should be better than Adreno 306.. it depends on chip to chip comparison .. a generalizing statement regarding both is incorrect as they operate at very different price point and markets

The area where snapdragon excels is in Driver support For development .. so Snapdragon chip will be much more supported and it is much easier to get custom roms build for snapdragon whereas mediatek till now has been very closed and unsupportive.. also the GPS Modules on snapdragon are of higher quality than mediatek.. Mediatek gives more Performance for the buck than snapdragon while compromising on some of the additional features like GPS , Driver support etc.. But as more and more Big manufacturers start using mediatek their Driver support is going to change now as they are focusing their efforts on USA now rather than china/india only.. So things are improving at a very fast pace with mediatek ..

On the other hand Qualcomm is slowing down by giving less performance in mid range for a higher price..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
mediatek cpus arent worth it imo, snapdragon has much better performance
i have a nexus 7 and a lenovo tab and despite being nearly the same price and specs(and custom roms), the nexus 7 is wayy better
even karbonn and micromax use mediatek and it doesnt perform as good as snapdragon
its like amd vs intel years ago- despite same clockspeed etc ,performance was much different

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
mediatek cpus arent worth it imo, snapdragon has much better performance
i have a nexus 7 and a lenovo tab and despite being nearly the same price and specs(and custom roms), the nexus 7 is wayy better
even karbonn and micromax use mediatek and it doesnt perform as good as snapdragon
its like amd vs intel years ago- despite same clockspeed etc ,performance was much different

you said it yourself. clockspeed isn't everything.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
you said it yourself. clockspeed isn't everything.

yeah i know it isnt everything
i never said clockspeed mattered that much in this case
i said mediateks performance is slower than snapdragon though at low prices like 5-7k etc a mediatek remains a viable option
snapdragon is expensive but has better performance

- - - Updated - - -

Lg l65, Moto E , core 2 , xperia M2 are not upgrades they belong to this cycle..

the next upgrade cycle will begin when 64 bit cpu will start launching in Q3..

it's definitely worth the wait if you can.. branded one will carry snapdragon 410 while Chinese/local ones will carry Mediatek 6732

also google is in talks with mediatek for a 100 $ nexus device

itll be a while for 64bit to become the norm imo plus some older apps will lose functionality just like the transition from older iphones to iphone 5s
though it certainly is more futureproof

OP
H

hardyhacker007

Broken In
what u all think about oneplus one will it be coming to india and at what price range thnx for update to all i think i would wait if that going to happen in q3. Any phone showcased or leaked reports about storm of phones

rish1

Cyborg Agent
yeah i know it isnt everything
i never said clockspeed mattered that much in this case
i said mediateks performance is slower than snapdragon though at low prices like 5-7k etc a mediatek remains a viable option
snapdragon is expensive but has better performance

if you are comparing same architecture then performance will be exactly same.
like i said before don't generalize like this compare chip to chip... a 17-20k phone with snapdragon will give you 1.2-1.4 ghz Cortex A7 quad cores with Adreno 305 .. a mediatek will give you 2 ghz octa core with Mali T760

here mediatek crushes Snapdragon Badly both in CPU and GPU .. so don't generalize .. do a proper chip to chip comparison, architecture , Clock speed , variant ..

the upcoming Mediatek 6732/6752 ( cortex A53 variants )are already more powerful than upcoming Snapdragon (410 )
itll be a while for 64bit to become the norm imo plus some older apps will lose functionality just like the transition from older iphones to iphone 5s
though it certainly is more futureproof

you are so wrong here .. 64 bit will start exploding the market from august/september.. and they will spread rapidly because they will be starting at 8-9k price points..

and no, older applications will not loose functionality because these 64 bits cpu are also 32 bit compatible..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Dude google it , certain apps may not work without an update and like I said before,I OWN devices with both snapdragon and mediatek,so the visible performance is present

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
what u all think about oneplus one will it be coming to india and at what price range thnx for update to all i think i would wait if that going to happen in q3. Any phone showcased or leaked reports about storm of phones

no official statement from them yet about indian availability. Since the 16/64 GB version costs 300$/350$ without taxes, Indian pricing should be around Rs 23k/27k.

Top Bottom