Best Onboard Graphics Motherboard in 965 Chipset is coming in Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

premsharma

In the zone
I see, many of us have been desprating for a motherboard with onboard graphics from ATI in 965 chipset with support for C2D & DDR2 at 1 Ghz etc. This is due to success of D101 GCC boards with onboard graphics from from ATI [RX 200]

There is some inside information that such a board with RX 1300se based onboard graphic in 965 is coming and would be arround for about 4500/- . Microsoft has already got its drivers for WHQL certificates
and I think will come in FEB to market... It will be a MSI board, though their site www.msi-india.com do not mention anything of it as yet.

Any information on this product would be welcome here and helpful to all those who are looking for onboard graphic solutions.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
there's no way it will fall @ 4.5k bracket.

coz a Intel 965 mobo with onboard GMA X3000 itself retails @ 7-9K, then we should be ready to spend almost the same for ATI's onboard+mobo.:wink:

& Intel's GMA is not for gaming- intel themselves said, then why is it (DG965RY/WH) so costly.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Prices may fall below 4500 because international price is around that much. Once they start arriving in India. Prices will fall :D

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
there's no way it will fall @ 4.5k bracket.

coz a Intel 965 mobo with onboard GMA X3000 itself retails @ 7-9K, then we should be ready to spend almost the same for ATI's onboard+mobo.:wink:

& Intel's GMA is not for gaming- intel themselves said, then why is it (DG965RY/WH) so costly.

It is suppose to be at that cost may be initially. May shoot up later on depending on demand. Same thing happened with D101GCC. I bought that for RS 3000 at the launch and now it is arround 4000+

The news is from MS itself, who have WHL certified its drivers. Even if it is less than 6K, it would be great nad more over it is going to be from MSI. Their boards are known to be good alone and to that ATI onboard would be great.

Insiders have quoted or estimated the price to be that much for India. It is sure that it is going to be cheaper. May be that its other variants are launched in upper range.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
premsharma said:
Intel 965 mobo with onboard GMA X3000 is not worth and can not even beat ATI RX 200, which is onboard D101GCC
^^about the GMA X3000, i've already stated that Intel themselves say its not meant for gaming.

another thing is that GMA X3000 can run Vista Premium in its full glory. (intel's statement)

about the price, i really doubt that it (ATI) will fall under 6k mark (@ launch), coz Intel's 965 (with GMA X3000) has been in the market for 3-4 months now & there's almost no change in the price.:confused:.
it may after 5-6 months.

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
^^about the GMA X3000, i've already stated that Intel themselves say its not meant for gaming.

another thing is that GMA X3000 can run Vista Premium in its full glory. (intel's statement)

about the price, i really doubt that it (ATI) will fall under 6k mark (@ launch), coz Intel's 965 (with GMA X3000) has been in the market for 3-4 months now & there's almost no change in the price.:confused:.
it may after 5-6 months.

Because no one else is there to compete with intel GMA X3000. Just due to lack of of choice, people may be buying this one right now. Once other models float arround, there will be no place for Intels.

Vista also runs fine & to full potentials on RX200 [D101GCC]

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
1st point is true, now even i'm eager to wait for tha m/b.

is that RX200 or just X200???

my cousin has a PC with ATi X200 onboard.

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
1st point is true, now even i'm eager to wait for tha m/b.

is that RX200 or just X200???

my cousin has a PC with ATi X200 onboard.

X200 I think but many places I still saw it as RX200
My pitty, I have urgently configure a system which will require me to order products from other places. I have no time, nad acn not wait for it. Someone wants my PC and within 2-3 days I have to assemble for me. Intel platform is not stablised yet as 4mb C2D E6300 are expected by march April and more over, there is no affordable 965 board with onboard graphics except intel. Left with no choice, I have to go for AMD based processor & ATI chip mobo by MSI or even by some other company.

Can some one suggest me urgently AMD processor equivalent to C2D E6300 or E6400 in price & proformence. I have no experience with AMD. Also a motherbaord for it with ATI onboard graphics. The motherboard should support my existing DDR2 at 533Mhz

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
Stop daydreaming... there will be no further intel boards based on ATI chipsets cos ATI is now AMD. RD600 was their last chipset and thats it.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
i am just waiting for a good INTEL Motherboard which will support DirectX 10 Graphics Card i have decided to buy core2duo 2.40 1gb ddr 667 but only confused in DirectX 10

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
GMA X3000 is DX10 compatible (but not to 100%)

btw DX10 gfx. card(mid end) will launch in March end in USA, they'll cost hell lot here.

Last edited:

abhipal

Journeyman
pra_2006 said:
i am just waiting for a good INTEL Motherboard which will support DirectX 10 Graphics Card i have decided to buy core2duo 2.40 1gb ddr 667 but only confused in DirectX 10

Yes same thing here. I am buying E6600, 2x 1Gb ddr2 667 but a big problem of motherboard. I have given a thought to DG965WH (intel)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^so you're opting for onboard then.
i too have the same mobo(frm USA).
i'm lookin to buy a MSI or Gigabyte or ASUS based mobo as they can be overclocked.(not now, after 2months)

imo you should gey the E6300 & OC it to over 3GHz:wink: (savin money)

btw right now there's no need of a DX10 gfx card (atleast fr 1 year), coz 1st-there's no game for it, 2nd- DX9 game will have prob. in runnin them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom