Best Nokia Mobile below 8k..

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys i wanna gift Nokia mobile for 8k to my gf who is die hard Nokia fangirl...My budget is modest 8k.Her requirements r decent audio quality,cam n good typing keypad as we r lot into texting!! ;) plz reply asap i m going to buy on sunday.
Regards,
Mandar.

pauldmps

Banned
No not X2. It has a dreadful keypad.

Best Nokia model in this price-range is Nokia C5. Or else if you want QWERTY, then Nokia C3. 5530 is also good buy but I will recommend the C5 out of all the three.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
whats d price of 5530 ??

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

thanks bro for reply..bt c5 is boring design wise na?wll go for 5530...she would love d touch xperience....

pauldmps

Banned
The touch experience wont be an "awesome" one because of the resistive touchscreen. Anyways whichever you buy, it won't be disappointing.

Post the price here after you've bought it.

slugger

Banned
for doing lots of texting you must go for QWERTY keypads

avoid resistive touchscreen- after a couple of months they are the dumps. at least the ones in Corby

C3 would not be a bad buy IMO

Saw Ideos being advertised at Tata Indicom y'day for 8.6K ish - if touchscreen you want to buy her, you could take a look at that too - but avoid getting her a resistive touchscreen, unless you plant to dump her by the time the screen goes bad

------

avoid the X2 like the plague - horrible keypads

a 5MP camera inside a horrible body - total mismatch

also had memory issues [or camera issues - don't recollect] in November - check the Nokia forum

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
for doing lots of texting you must go for QWERTY keypads

avoid resistive touchscreen- after a couple of months they are the dumps. at least the ones in Corby

C3 would not be a bad buy IMO

Corby is pathetic in touch ,Nokia touch phones r way better

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
@Slugger...even i doubt credibility of resistive touchscreen buddy...i once hinted her about se phones as she is much into music..but she said she is more comfy wid nokias only :( ..btw which bug free SE phone u would suggest in that range?ican stretch my budget to 9k..n yes i forgot it should be solid built...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
5530 is junk. not at all worth. If you can just slightly increase budget, check C5-03. Arun (nokiasaga.com) tried it out and said that is very fast. also check these:

c3
e5 (selling for 10k at univercell now and is one heck of a phone)

don't go for:

c5

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
I was thinking about of e52...is it still available??I heard its lil expensive but have to stretch a lil more....

pauldmps

Banned
@desiibond

Why not C5? My friend is using that phone & I must say it is pretty decent phone & well built. It has got great reviews everywhere.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Forget e52. Nokia e5 is a lot better @ 10k. Nokia x5 is also @ 9k with qwerty and girlish design, can't say if it has any issue. Check these two x5 and e5. C5-03 has a resistive touchscreen(not bearable at such price)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
yes C5-03 is a great looker i must say
but if your wifey can wait a few months you might even be able to gift her a Windows Powered Nokia at the same price

vishurocks

Journeyman
@funkysourav
windows phone 7 powered nokia device @10k is still many months away bcoz wp7 has minimum requirements higher than the specs of n8. So 10k for such hardware is still many months away

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@Vishu
Nokia and M$ are already in the process of developing a "Lite" version of WP7 which is likely to be released 3 months from now
read this in a Digit news

Top Bottom