Best mobo+processor+Mem Under 10K

Status
Not open for further replies.

m@sterchief

Broken In
hi everone
I am intending to upgrade my system and i need advice on choosing the right components as i am not familiar with the latest chipsets and models. My budget is Rs.10K. I only need a mobo,processor & Mem only as i have rest of the rig.

My requirements:
I will be using it for gaming; It should be able to play fairly recent titles. It should have a pci express slot, IDE connectors for my existing DVD drives

thestrategist

Gamer Forever!
if u want to use ur pc for gaming, u also need a graphics card and an onboard gpu won't do much with recent titles.
listing config including the gpu...
processor: c2d e5200 - abt 3-3.5k
mobo: gigabyte EG31M-S2L - abt 2.5k
ram: transcend 1gbx2 - abt 1.5k
gpu: palit nvidia geforce 9400gt 512mb - abt 3k
shud cost around 10k

OP
m@sterchief

m@sterchief

Broken In
if u want to use ur pc for gaming, u also need a graphics card and an onboard gpu won't do much with recent titles.
listing config including the gpu...
processor: c2d e5200 - abt 3-3.5k
mobo: gigabyte EG31M-S2L - abt 2.5k
ram: transcend 1gbx2 - abt 1.5k
gpu: palit nvidia geforce 9400gt 512mb - abt 3k
shud cost around 10k

Well i will invest in a good gfx card later. So now i need a good configuration of mobo+proc.+mem which will last me a couple of years.

Biostar AMD 790GX motherboard with SB750 southbridge and HD3300 GPU - 6K.
Transcend 1GB + 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM = 800*2 = 1600(bangalore SP Road price)
AMD Athlon X2 4400+ = 2.5K.

This motherboard would help you upgrade CPU to AMD Phenom II if you plan to do so in another year or so. It also supports CrossFireX and has great overclocking support.

HOWEVER, if you DONT plan to change CPU soon and don't want to overclock, get Biostar 780G/SB700/HD3200 for 3.5K.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@m@sterchief if ur interested in buying 2nd hand then i've a Phenom X4 9850 BE + MSI K9A2GM (780G) up for sale.its bout 3-4 months old.hav bill,box etc.
asking price is 10k for the bundle.

OP
m@sterchief

m@sterchief

Broken In
well, no thanx

hi everone
I am intending to upgrade my system and i need advice on choosing the right components as i am not familiar with the latest chipsets and models. My budget is Rs.10K. I only need a mobo,processor & Mem only as i have rest of the rig.

My requirements:
I will be using it for gaming; It should be able to play fairly recent titles. It should have a pci express slot, IDE connectors for my existing DVD drives
"thestrategist" can u remove the gpu out of the sequence and give me a more souped-up version of ur configuration on the intel line. Saving a few bucks will be appreciated.

Last edited:
OK. Sure.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 - Rs. 3500/-
Gigabyte G31 motherboard - Rs. 2,500/-
Transcend 4GB (2+2) DDR2 800MHz RAM - Rs. 3,600/-

Would perform like a monster. Overclocks great according to google search'd benchmarks on E5200. I feel E5200 is a better investment than E7200 or E7300, because it overclocks as well and at the same time supports SSE4 instruction set.

But if you want a stock setup and DONT want to overclock, replace CPU with AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition for Rs. 3550 and motherboard for a Palit GF7050 motherboard for 2.2K.

7750BE beats E5200 at stock, but looses when both are overclocked to their limits.

I think Intel config may be more future proof, as E5200 is expected to have a better resale value than 7750BE because its the LAST (or maybe second last) budget dual core for Intel LGA775 socket.

OP
m@sterchief

m@sterchief

Broken In
I did some research on Intel website & here r my queries:

1) Isn't G31 an entry-level mobo as it has a lowest code value in the G series and doesn't support DDR3 or mem capacity > 4GB
2) G33, G43, G45 hasn't got a IDE connectors therefore wont support my IDE dvd drives or my HD drive
3) G33 doesn't support mem>4GB and has the same problem as (2)
4) G41 has all above capabilities but lacks Active Matrix Storage technology. Will it be a problem if i choose this chipset?

I simply cant decide which one to choose for my mobo.
Any advice is appreciated

thestrategist

Gamer Forever!
not too sure abt active matrix storage technology... but the price of the g41 is around 4k, i think. u could go for a g41 mobo. or u could go for an intel c2d e7400 at abt 5.5k.

OP
m@sterchief

m@sterchief

Broken In
not too sure abt active matrix storage technology... but the price of the g41 is around 4k, i think. u could go for a g41 mobo. or u could go for an intel c2d e7400 at abt 5.5k.

what brand & model is that G41 mobo?.
Also r u sure c2d E7400 is 5.5k.

Where can i find a list of Price quotes for
mobo & proc? I searched the net for this and most of quotes in the sites are either old or otherwise incomplete:mad:.

thestrategist

Gamer Forever!
the mobo is from ECS - chek with ur dealer if it is available in india currently, not too sure.
for the processor, i'd chekd deltapage.com the stuff there is usually slightly more xpensive than the street prices. if u can't get the e7400 for 5.5k, u can go for the e4600 or a lower end e7xxx series processor like the e7200 or e7300 if they're within ur budget.

vvikas28

wiZard member
intel core 2 duo e7300 -5,300/-
Gigabyte G31 motherboard - 2,500/-
Transcend or kingston 4GB (2+2) DDR2 800MHz RAM-2,500/-

I did some research on Intel website & here r my queries:

1) Isn't G31 an entry-level mobo as it has a lowest code value in the G series and doesn't support DDR3 or mem capacity > 4GB
2) G33, G43, G45 hasn't got a IDE connectors therefore wont support my IDE dvd drives or my HD drive
3) G33 doesn't support mem>4GB and has the same problem as (2)
4) G41 has all above capabilities but lacks Active Matrix Storage technology. Will it be a problem if i choose this chipset?

I simply cant decide which one to choose for my mobo.
Any advice is appreciated
G31. Get the config I said. With 4GB RAM, G31's full potential will be used. And I doubt you would need more than 4GB RAM. Besides, Win32 based OS can only use 4GB RAM Max. And this board has great power saving and overclocking capacity.

OP
m@sterchief

m@sterchief

Broken In
cant tell 4GB will be enough as the technology is moving at a fast pace. After all Vista requires 1GB to run smooth. And Future games will definitely breach the 4 GB limit soon

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
The E5200 wont be able to overclock well with G31. Never!
The reviews generally have a P35 or P45 setup... That will unleash the full potential.

I feel its very important to spend a good amount of money on the mobo. Choose wisely.

OP
m@sterchief

m@sterchief

Broken In
oopsy I was actually wrong about GXX chipsets not having IDE interfaces.
Actually these mobos actually have a IDE connector.
Or am I still wrong? correct me.

The E5200 wont be able to overclock well with G31. Never!
The reviews generally have a P35 or P45 setup... That will unleash the full potential.

I feel its very important to spend a good amount of money on the mobo. Choose wisely.
Says who ?

It may not be the BEST place to overclock the E5200, but that does not mean that E5200 CANT OC on a G31 chipset. Thats called overclocking on a budget.

And P35/P45 with E5200 makes little sense considering the cost factor.

hsetir

Broken In
e5200 ocs well to 3.45ghz on g31. Higher is not stable most of the time. Using better chipset like p35/p43/p45 would also require a better aftermarket cooler for further ocing.

dips_view

Broken In
Why some ppl so much tlk abt O.C !! HE wnts 2 buy a combo within 10k.
check dis out
1) cpu ---- C2D E7300 = 5200 Rs
2) M.B ---- ASUS p5VM SE= 3300 Rs (965 chipset wd 8GB RAM support)
3) RAM --- 2GB DDR800 ZION/TRANSEnt /any maker = 1300 RS

AMD>INTEL in PRICE/performance ratio but c2d =65 w amd athlon x2=90-130w

so think GREEN. LIVE GREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom