Best Mobo+Processor combination for AMD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd4spd

Broken In
hello people, NEED UR HELP
i have 2 config. in my mind for my PC upgrade

1) AMD Athlon 64 (3500+) + ASUS A8N-VM CSM
2) INTEL P4 3.0 GHz (630) + INTEL D101GGC

THE INTENDED PURPOSE IS TO PLAY GAMES ONLY
WHICH COMBINTION WILL KEEP ME HAPPY FOR 3 YRS WITHOUT ANY GFX CARD ADDITION.

ANY SUGGESTION THAT U MAY HAVE IS ALSO INVITED.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
First things first. Games dont stress CPU as it does RAM & GFX. So newer games will always raise the bar by a notch or two. In recent years we have seen tremendous growth in power of GFX. So its almost impossible to play games for 3 years without changing GFX. Why do you think people buy more powerful GFX even though they have good mobo/CPU/RAM. GFX is the key.

Go for a AMD solution with PCIE or preferably SLi. Will serve you well into the future.

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
Scale Link Interface.. Supports multiple cards at a time increasing your graphics performance like anythin... Correct me If i`m wrong!!

Kniwor

Learner
zombie said:
First things first. Games dont stress CPU as it does RAM & GFX. So newer games will always raise the bar by a notch or two. In recent years we have seen tremendous growth in power of GFX. So its almost impossible to play games for 3 years without changing GFX. Why do you think people buy more powerful GFX even though they have good mobo/CPU/RAM. GFX is the key.

Go for a AMD solution with PCIE or preferably SLi. Will serve you well into the future.

please dont suggest SLI, it's a wonderful way of wasting your money....

nd4spd said:
zombie said:

and plz tell me what do u mean by SLi here?
thnk u

SLI is some piece of c_r_a_p by nVidia, u pay more and get the perfoemance decreaed sometimes
u also get a line in the middle of ur screen.....

SLI basically allows u to use 2 graphics cards at the same time and is supposed to increase perfomance, as good as twice....
but it often decreases perfomance and when it increases, it does not double it...
so the amount of money u spend on 2 cards.... please get a single card of that worth and that will give u much better perfoamance than the 2 cards...

unless u are fu**ing rich and have the money to get 2 costliest cards on this planet..... and see if there is a performance increase..

White`Knight said:
Scale Link Interface.. Supports multiple cards at a time increasing your graphics performance like anythin... Correct me If i`m wrong!!

so actually the performance increase is not like anything u see...

and here is how much performance boost u get by sli.....
and u can see it negetive at times....

*www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/02/vga_charts_viii/page20.html

as i said.... SLI is a wonderful way of wasting your money.... so please get a non-SLI mobo and save money unless u are ..........

Kniwor

Learner
White`Knight said:
Is there any specific reason why 1 card performs more than 2 cards put together...???

SLI was doveloped by an idea in mind that if 2 cards are used to render, half the screen each... they will do fast... since every card has to render only half the screen now....

but practically this does not work out.... may be simply because they could not dovelop their idea technically that well....

anyhow.... i await results from crossfire...... i think it will persofm better than SLI which is almost useless....

but i also think that even crossfire will also not be worth using.... 1 powerful card will still be better than 2 less powerful ones....

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
My game shuts off once the temperature goes to 68 Deg. Is that normal? I`ve got a Nvidia 6200 PCIe card... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom