Best Mobo+Processor combination for AMD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

White`Knight

Broken In
Hi guys... i`m building a computer for my BRO... need a good combination for AMD Processor+Mobo+RAM.... My budget is between 16 Gr... He usually plays games like NFSU2/Q3/CS

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
AMD athlon64 3000+ - Rs 7k
MSI rs480m2-il - 4.5k
512mb RAM(ddr 400)-Kingston - 2.2k

if budget permits
add geforce 6600 non gt Gfx card
cost=Rs 5.5k

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
AMD64 3000+ VENICE -> 5700/-
ASUS A8N-E (no onboard video)-> 5600/-
ASUS A8N-VM(onboard video)->5650/- approx.(pls check) TO SEE DETAILS: *www.pcstats.com/artvnl.cfm?articleID=1898
Go for 512mb ram DDR400 or 1GB if possible.

If u want a good gfx card then go for leadtek 6600gt 128mb pci-e. Price around 8500-9000/-.

By the way A8N-VM has good onboard gfx. But if u don't want onboard gfx then go for A8N-E (will give u excellent performance and value for money).

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
Hi guys.. thanx for the advice.. I`ve gotta Geforce FX 5200 card right now.. any chances it`ll go with this combination.. or should I go in for the PCIe cards.. don`t have any ideas on the costs.. think it`ll go outta hand... any sugegestions... The Hardware i already have is..

1. Hard Drive
2. Geforce FX 5200 Card
3. HP Dvd Writer.
4. ASUS DVD Rom
5. Creative Inspire 2.1 Series
6. Keybd/Mouse
and the shit....

I`m thinkin of merging the hardware.... IS IT POSSIBLE... Any suggestions????

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
the onboard video of the mobo's suggested will match the 5200
so better go fo the PCIe boards
everythin else looks fine

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
hey vijay [it rhymed] , a couple of questions i wanted to ask...

1. Does the onboard graphics adapter support OpenGL or is it preferable to go for a PCIe.....
2. If I stretch my budget, is possible to go for a new comp config in 25 - 30 GR

Thanx a billion for the advice!!! :)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes the onboard gfx of A8N-VM (Geforce 6100/6150) supports OPENGL.

You can certainly use ur existing components.
Just buy the new mobo(A8N-E/A8N-VM), RAM and PROCESSOR. Why buy a all new computer? U could upgrade whenever u want.
I would suggest that if u are willing to spend 25-30K then buy:
AMD64 3500+ ->11000/-
A8N-E/A8N-VM->5600/-
6800GS ->14500/-
Total = 31100/- this is just a suggestion. But this upgrade would be rocking.

For further details regarding config and price see this thread by digitized: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32509&start=0

roydon

Broken In
Hey guys ,my new parts just came in;

AMD Athlon64 3000+ (Venice) >>5,700
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum ->>5,800
1 GB (2*512MB) DDR 400 Ram >>3,600
Leadtek GeForce 6800GS >>15,000

Planning on getting a BenQ FP71V+ 17" LCD Monitor(5 ms responce time)
:twisted:

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
do we get these parts at the same cost in Pune as well.... If so do u knw any place i can buy reliable hardare?? Thanx!!! :)

Kniwor

Learner
3500+ is not worth the cost difference....
3200+ is logcal choice...

my suggesion here..

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ -------------------------- 8000
ASUS A8N-VM ----------------------------------- 4500
2*512Mb Corasir value select 2.5 CL----------- 5000

total Rs. 17500/- ..... this is the BEST u can get
If the budget is strict 16000 then get 2x512 Hynix which will be around 4000 so tatal is... Rs. 16500/-

and u will not deed ut graphics card this motherboard has good integrated graphics and a PCI-E slot so that u can get a PCI-E graphics card later and upgrade...

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
corsair is the top of the notch brand

transcend & kingston follow
make sure u make it 2*512, to get the dual channel advantage

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
I was going thru these processors.. found out AMD has got this FX series and the X2 series... wad are these about.. anythin special bout these? can i upgrd to these processors on the ASUS A8N-VM... one more thing... this mobo has onboard video.. can i still upgrd to a card later on??? Thanx....

Kniwor

Learner
White`Knight said:
I was going thru these processors.. found out AMD has got this FX series and the X2 series... wad are these about.. anythin special bout these? can i upgrd to these processors on the ASUS A8N-VM... one more thing... this mobo has onboard video.. can i still upgrd to a card later on??? Thanx....

yes u can upgrade to those processors as long as socket 939 is around....

also u can get a better graphics card later on that motherboard, it has a PCI-E x16 slot

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hey lots of people near kolkatta are telling me that the 3000+ has been discontinued? is this true?If so then what is the next best alternative considring that the 3200 does not seem justifed for its price

OP
White`Knight

White`Knight

Broken In
hi guys... thanx to ya, I got a good configuration.... I got AMD 3200+/1GB Transcend Ram/Asus A8N - VM... Any idea how much the X2 processors cost? Will most probably upgrade in 3-4 months...

Kniwor

Learner
izzikio_rage said:
hey lots of people near kolkatta are telling me that the 3000+ has been discontinued? is this true?If so then what is the next best alternative considring that the 3200 does not seem justifed for its price

yeah 3000+ for socket939 is not available in kolkata...

since u are in kolkata i say u read my post again... it has the best and itś all available in kolkata....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom