Best Mobile Under 30k !!!!!!!

1. Budget

UNDER 25-30k !!!!!!!!

2. Display type and size?

AMOLED OR TFT / Should Be More Than 4.5".

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?

Bar.

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Sony - Samsung - LG - Micromax.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).

Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.

I am looking out for the best Camera phone under 30k .... plz suggest some good models !!!

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.

3G, Wi-Fi.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?

Flash, GPS , Youtube, Whatsapp.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?

Camera, Multimedia, Internet, Gaming.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Sony Xperia ZR or ZL, Sony Xperia M2, LG G Pro E988, LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, Gionee Elife E7 ..if ny other plz suggest.

12. Any other info that you want to share

Should have good battery backup, camera and display !!!!

Last edited:
If u want a performance phone at the cost of average battery life & camera, then get Nexus 5

For a multimedia device, S4 is a better choice..... G Pro is also a good phablet, if you don't have problem with it's size n weight

Xperia Z1 is available @ 33k, you can check it too

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 to Nexus 5, once you get a taste of stock anroid you will never go back to laggy shamesung touchwiz.Besides Nexus 5 is one of the very few offering the snapdragon 800 in India(best in class CPU and GPU performance)

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Performance, great battery back up, display and not so good camera - Xperia Z1 compact. available for around 31K in ebay.
But 4.3 only.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Performance, great battery back up, display and not so good camera - Xperia Z1 compact. available for around 31K in ebay.
But 4.3 only.
Sony has a long way to go in terms of its display panels,they have poor viewing angles and washed out colors.When it comes to screen's

IPS LCD : LG,HTC

SAMOLED: SAMSUNG

I wouldn't recommend any phone from sony until they fix their screens.

@OP : Just extend your budget by a couple of thousand and get the LG G2(beats S4 in every way possible)....declared to be the best anroid phone by many websites

Last edited:

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Sony has a long way to go in terms of its display panels,they have poor viewing angles and washed out colors.When it comes to screen's

@OP : Just extend your budget by a couple of thousand and get the LG G2(beats S4 in every way possible)....declared to be the best anroid phone by many websites

I am not sure if you have checked the Sony screens personally.
Even I have not, however, going by the reviews, Z1 Compact has a better screen compared to Z1 which was not too bad.
But then, thats only from the reviews and not by comparing the displays personally.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I am not sure if you have checked the Sony screens personally.
Even I have not, however, going by the reviews, Z1 Compact has a better screen compared to Z1 which was not too bad.
But then, thats only from the reviews and not by comparing the displays personally.

I had an HTC One X which got stolen after 3 months of ownership.So around one year back when I started looking for a new phone, I was quite impressed with Sony Xperia Z.But when I went to the showroom to check it out I was instantly put off by the display quality and I ended up buying an LG Optimus G which is my current phone.

The screen of the Xperia Z was no match for either HTC OX or LGOG and I believe it hasn't changed much on the Xperia Z1 or the Ultra(all the reviews are of the same opinion).

And yes, according to the reviews Z1 mini has a better screen but still its no match for what LG and HTC has to offer.

When I compared my N4, Xperia Z & S4, S4 had best display & my N4 had worst.....
Xperia Z has a good screen.........not comparable to AMOLED of S4 though, but still its good !! Z1 & Z1C are upgraded versions, so they might be even better

G2 is a great phone........... If budget permits, then go for it !!! It costs 34k, i think

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
When I compared my N4, Xperia Z & S4, S4 had best display & my N4 had worst.....
Xperia Z has a good screen.........not comparable to AMOLED of S4 though, but still its good !! Z1 & Z1C are upgraded versions, so they might be even better

G2 is a great phone........... If budget permits, then go for it !!! It costs 34k, i think

Dont know about N4 but my Lg optimus G has a better screen than the xperia Z(not counting resolution).

Also amoled is a matter of personal preference, I never liked the oversaturated colors allthough many people do.

Still, it has been a unanimous opinion of many tech websites that HTC and LG have the best screens in business

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Dont know about N4 but my Lg optimus G has a better screen than the xperia Z(not counting resolution).

Also amoled is a matter of personal preference, I never liked the oversaturated colors allthough many people do.

Still, it has been a unanimous opinion of many tech websites that HTC and LG have the best screens in business

Nope dude I have both Xperia Z & OG!
Xperia Z has much much better screen than OG!
LG Phones are very fragile & delicate!
Brother's OG's screen cracked due to pressure & he had to pay 7k to replace new screen!
I have tested both and Xperia Z is much much better than LGOG!

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Nope dude I have both Xperia Z & OG!
Xperia Z has much much better screen than OG!
LG Phones are very fragile & delicate!
Brother's OG's screen cracked due to pressure & he had to pay 7k to replace new screen!
I have tested both and Xperia Z is much much better than LGOG!

Here are the review's of both LGOG and Xperia Z from the same tech website

LG Optimus G review (AT&T and Sprint) | The Verge

Sony Xperia Z review | The Verge

LG Optimus G : THE DISPLAY IS SIMPLY GREAT

Sony Xperia Z : THE XPERIA Z IS MORE ATTRACTIVE WITH ITS SCREEN TURNED OFF RATHER THAN ON

LOL

OP
S

Sreekumar14378

Broken In
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES ... cant increase my budget..:(

i have shorlisted 4 phones ...can u guys tell me which has a better display and camera and battery life ( i wont be playing much games in it. i want to use for clicking quality pictures n watching HD videos ).

1) galaxy s4,
2) z1 compact
3) nexus 5
4) Lenovo k900 (plz vote for the best one )

( and no one liked xperia ZL or Galaxy Grand 2 ?????? )

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

i have shorlisted 4 phones ...can u guys tell me which has a better display and camera and battery life ( i wont be playing much games in it. i want to use for clicking quality pictures n watching HD videos ).

1) galaxy s4,
2) z1 compact
3) nexus 5

Nexus 5 my personal favourite!

N5>Z1 Compact>S4>K900

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
For someone who is looking to watch HD movies, screen size, quality and battery backup playes an important role.
You can remove N5 (according to gsm arena, 6 hrs video playback time) and Z1 compact (as fellow users reported mediocre screen).
From your shortlist, I would sugges you go for Galaxy S4. Nearly 11 hours video playback time (according to gsm arena) and a very good camera as per your requirement.

$hadow

Geek in making
And along that S4 has got great viewing angles.
Nexus 5 will not be much of a great help in that scenario. I am still able to get more juice out of my s3 in comparison to N5

1) galaxy s4,
2) z1 compact
3) nexus 5

As you have earlier mentioned that you need 4.5" + screen size, so Z1C can be ruled out, but my opinion, for display + camera + battery life

S4=Z1C> ???

Get Z1C, if u want a compact phone.......... S4 is a compact phone for its screen size, so I think you will be comfortable with it !!! Get S4

Top Bottom