Best Mobile Under 10k

H2O

Journeyman
I am looking to get a mobile under 10k.

1. Budget?

Under 10k.

2. Display type and size?

Around 5 inches. HD Screen. Would be great if its Full HD, but Full HD isn't a necessity.

3. Dual sim?

Not a necessity.

4. Preferred choice of brand?

While I am open to all brands, I would prefer brands with good service centers. I live in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. So, the service centers need to be there!

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? -

Normal camera is fine. Don't need mobile for the camera purpose.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G, with option for 4G.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Internet (Browsing FB, Twitter, Forums & Whatsapp) , Multimedia (Watching Movies/Videos & Music) and Basic Call Purpose.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Was considering Moto G - IInd Generation, which I can get for around 8k - 8.5k.

10. Any other info that you want to share.

Don't have any specific requirements other than the fact that I can deal with the mobile not having a good camera.

Thanks.

BTW, I can get a new Moto-G IInd Generation for around 8k. Worth buying?

Last edited:
Done.

Better than Moto G - IInd Gen?

Also, how are the service centers of those brands? Especially Honor.

Huawei(Honor) & Lenovo have good service presence

Yes all those phones have better specs than Moto G 2, but they won't get updates as fast as Moto

My dad's Honor 4X runs smooth & is a good phone even though its running kitkat

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
Huawei(Honor) & Lenovo have good service presence

Yes all those phones have better specs than Moto G 2, but they won't get updates as fast as Moto

My dad's Honor 4X runs smooth & is a good phone even though its running kitkat

Hmmm.

Is the difference between Moto G - IInd Gen and those mobiles that much or not a lot?

And, If you were to recommend just one, which one would you prefer?

Cheers.

Hmmm.

Is the difference between Moto G - IInd Gen and those mobiles that much or not a lot?

And, If you were to recommend just one, which one would you prefer?

Cheers.

Those phones have bit better CPU but main advantage in performance over Moto G is due to 2GB RAM
And also camera is much better compared to Moto G

I can personally vouch for Honor 4X. I recommended it to my dad & the phone is quite good. Good battery life(my dad gets 2 days of usage, with 6hr SOT), camera & display(good brightness, better than N4 but lower than my Z3C). It might not be able to play high end games at best graphics quality but the phone has no lags. Its cons are its weight copared to other phones, 4GB user available internal storage & not so loud speaker(but speaker positioning is great)

K3 Note seems a much better option(maybe the best under 10k). Specs are great. Never used it personally though

Honor 4C also has great display & camera but battery life is average(maybe 3/4 of what Honor 4X gives, i bought one for my aunt).Its cons are its weight copared to other phones, 4GB user available internal storage & not so loud speaker

Last edited:
OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
Those phones have bit better CPU but main advantage in performance over Moto G is due to 2GB RAM
And also camera is much better compared to Moto G

I can personally vouch for Honor 4X. I recommended it to my dad & the phone is quite good. Good battery life(my dad gets 2 days of usage, with 6hr SOT), camera & display(good brightness, better than N4 but lower than my Z3C). It might not be able to play high end games at best graphics quality but the phone has no lags. Its cons are its weight copared to other phones, 4GB user available internal storage & not so loud speaker(but speaker positioning is great)

K3 Note seems a much better option(maybe the best under 10k). Specs are great. Never used it personally though

Honor 4C also has great display & camera but battery life is average(maybe 3/4 of what Honor 4X gives, i bought one for my aunt).Its cons are its weight copared to other phones, 4GB user available internal storage & not so loud speaker

I don't need high end gaming, TBH. Just basic gaming would be fine.

Whats the battery life of K3 note compared to 4X?

I don't need high end gaming, TBH. Just basic gaming would be fine.

Whats the battery life of K3 note compared to 4X?

Since both have 3000mAh batteries & given the fact that K3 Note has 1080p screen, 4X will give better battery life due to 720p screen

I just checked out review of K3 Note at android authority & they say the battery life is decent. Same was the conclusion from digit

Lenovo K3 Note review

Check this too:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5LFsWk6AQ

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
Since both have 3000mAh batteries & given the fact that K3 Note has 1080p screen, 4X will give better battery life due to 720p screen

I just checked out review of K3 Note at android authority & they say the battery life is decent. Same was the conclusion from digit

Lenovo K3 Note review

Check this too:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5LFsWk6AQ

Hmmm. Thanks.

Lenovo K3 does indeed look great. However, I am worried about two things.

1. I have had bad experience with Lenovo after sales service with my Y500. You must have read the Y500 thread I assume?

2. And secondly, I have read that K3's SAR value is 1.59 which is just under the 1.60 limit. Will that be an issue?

As of now, I am very tempted towards Honor 4x. But, lets see. BTW, Honor 4x doesn't give any accessories or what? Read it somewhere.

Hmmm. Thanks.

1. I have had bad experience with Lenovo after sales service with my Y500. You must have read the Y500 thread I assume?

2. And secondly, I have read that K3's SAR value is 1.59 which is just under the 1.60 limit. Will that be an issue?

As of now, I am very tempted towards Honor 4x. But, lets see. BTW, Honor 4x doesn't give any accessories or what? Read it somewhere.

1. Service varies location to location, it was okay in my city

2. You might start feeling irritation feeling near your ear if you talk using your phone for long duration continuously, 15min+.... Thats what i read in internet regd Mi4, which has SAR value of 1.2

Accessories are available. I bought flip case from ebay, it has a nice collection. Screen guards are also available. I guess there was no earphones in the box

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I have recently bought K3 note and am using it for the last 6 days. Its screen is excellent, very smooth, fast and as it is 64 bit, multitasking is also smooth. Battery life is 50 hours aprox on per charge (as recorded through battery apk in phone) on normal usage with 1 hour gaming and 2 hours of music playback.

braindead

Bankaiiiii
Hmmm. Thanks.

I don't think there is any reason to worry about the SAR values unless you're on call for many hours in a day.

Honor 4x comes with a charger and cable only ( no earphones).

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
As of now, I am inclined towards K3 Note after reading many reviews and all. But, I am waiting for Redmi Note 2 to come out before I buy a phone.

I don't think there is any reason to worry about the SAR values unless you're on call for many hours in a day.

Honor 4x comes with a charger and cable only ( no earphones).

Yeah. Checked on Youtube regarding K3 Note's SAR issue and found its nothing unless I talk a lot on phone like you mentioned. Even during calls, I prefer using Bluetooth etc. So, I won't be talking a lot with the phone close to my ears.

K3 note is a better choice than 4X!!

Yeah.

Top Bottom