Best malware scanner???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I have some sort of crap on my sys, was just woundering what is the best way to remove it, just to let you know I ain't gonna be using norton's, runing ewido online scan always finds something (where Norton's found nothing) I am having regisrty problems on boot up, and my group poicies keep getting changed whenever I turn off the sys. had bad experince with spybot before so I don't wanna go down that road, I am so close to just format ( but I really don't have enough DVD's to backup all my crap. oh by the way reg problems didn't start until after I removed NIS2007.2 with NRT (norton removal tool).. stupid symantec, resource hog! :evil:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
If u say Best , then for any Windows OS security, it has to b Kaspersky Internet Security, once installed and configured right, there wont b any problem !!! atleast with me there are no problem for straight 2 years :D

*www.kaspersky.com

its a paid software around Rs. 1250/- to Rs 1500/- for one year Depending where u live :D

47shailesh

Security Exp
Use Kaspersky online Scanner b4 installing Kaspersky on ur desktop to remove all malware

*www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@47shailesh

any special reason for which u suggested the Online scanner !! as even if a user is installing KIS, KIS will have Self defence on at the time of Installation to make sure none or any present Malware / Virus doesnt curropt its installtion or Deployement !!! :)

47shailesh

Security Exp
^^ Yes there can be n numbers of malwares available that interrupt the installation of AV it might also be the case with KIS.. that's the only reason i suggested online scanner..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@47shailesh

Just to ask, did u face or see any one facing problem of installation of KIS because of any Present Virun in the system ??

as I am asking because that would mean the faliour or the Self Defence for the KIS !!!! :( :(

47shailesh

Security Exp
Look Self defense means maintains one's integrity that KIS never looses. and being failed to install on a m/c doesn't implies failure of self defense neways..

Till now i had seen no deviation in installing, or had heard ne1 saying it

anandk

Distinguished Member
i dont think the kaspersky online scanner removes identified malware. so wudnt it make more sense to instal kav on ur pc...or then atlst some freeware av ???

i usr online scanners only to scan a single suspect file online with mulitple avs at *www.virustotal.com/en/virustotalf.html or *virusscan.jotti.org/

OP
L

Liggy

Well I used to work for Symantec's NA tech support, and I do agree with the online scan before the install of a new AV scanner. Looks like a lot of people prefer the kap. ver the most.... so maybe I'll go ahead with that one, thanks guyz! :)

OP
L

Liggy

***AX3***
Actually ewido.net has an online scanner that also removes infections. which is what I used plus I had to use smitfraudfix and rename/delete some DLL's & EXE files in sys32 folder. now everything is back to normal... or so it seems for now. Thanks for everyones input but I think I will just stick with what I know best and use that. I hope this thread helps other people out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom