Best Linux Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

anna_don

Broken In
Hey Guys,
Which magazine in India do you know of that is the best & solely dedicated to Open Source/Linux? In other words, do you know of a magazine that can provide the quality that Digit does but is dedicated to Linux? I'd really really like to subscribe & remain up to date on these matters...

by the way, ever since I started using Linux, I can't seem to stand Microsoft Windows.. I mean I actually think I'm beginning to loathe it...!!! is that normal? LOL.... :-D

---------------------------------------------

Running Intrepid & loving it...

Rahim

Married!
Linux For You comes to the mind and its not for beginners (at least some articles are for new users) and cant think any other magazine loving FOSS. Digit is bloated.

Rahim

Married!
I hope the MODS wont lock this thread as they have done in the past :(

@Dark Star: Yes i hope LFY gives more beginners-related articles rather than giving all not-so-easy-to-ubderstand codes and technical jargon. 50-50 will do and they will keep both sides happy :D I hope you got it right.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
1. Do we get LFY outside India? I'm from Nepal. I can very well check any store but I havent bought anything more than Digit.

2. What is the cost?

3. Also, can we get PDF's of the magazine on the internet?

4. Any online equivalent to a good Linux magazine?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
LFY and Linux Journal. I don't know about any other magazine.
Is linux journal available in India on news stands? Price?

1. Do we get LFY outside India? I'm from Nepal. I can very well check any store but I havent bought anything more than Digit.

2. What is the cost?

3. Also, can we get PDF's of the magazine on the internet?

4. Any online equivalent to a good Linux magazine?

1. On mag, price for Singapore and Malaysia is mentioned but not Nepal.
2. In India it costs 100INR.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I too want to know the price of Linux Journal. I haven't seen it anywhere here in Mumbai :(

Linux for you is good, but as said has more articles of expert nature.

Rahim

Married!
@IronMan: *www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/ & if you are Ubuntu lover then *fullcirclemagazine.org/

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
rahimveron said:
@IronMan: *www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/ & if you are Ubuntu lover then *fullcirclemagazine.org/
Thanx. I'd prefer the former. I want something that looks into FOSS holistically. :)

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Linux is definitely not for beginners. I have been using windows since 7 to 8 yrs and from past 2 or 3 mths I'm trying to install linux but it won't work. It gets installed but then windows wouldn't work.

Any reason behind that guys?

Anyway, to answer the first post i have heard about only 1 magazine and that is "Linux for you".

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Linux is definitely not for beginners. I have been using windows since 7 to 8 yrs and from past 2 or 3 mths I'm trying to install linux but it won't work. It gets installed but then windows wouldn't work.

Anyway, to answer the first post i have heard about only 1 magazine and that is "Linux for you".

Linux is not for begineers is just a myth. It has evolved a lot and is no longer restrained to the cmd, it extends much beyond that. Just have a look at distributions like Linux Mint,OpenSUSE,Fedora-they will make any window user feel at home.

For your query, read the installation guide of distro(just google) you are trying to install. It would guide you how to have a dual boot system.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Linux is not for begineers is just a myth. It has evolved a lot and is no longer restrained to the cmd, it extends much beyond that. Just have a look at distributions like Linux Mint,OpenSUSE,Fedora-they will make any window user feel at home.

For your query, read the installation guide of distro(just google) you are trying to install. It would guide you how to have a dual boot system.
Yes, well i have already started downloading Fedora. So lets see what happens... ;)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
from past 2 or 3 mths I'm trying to install linux but it won't work. It gets installed but then windows wouldn't work.

There must have been any mistake from your side(like formatting windows partition or not installing grub properly). All the distros that I have tried give you the option to dual boot without any problem. You just need to ensure that you proceed the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom