Best LG IPS Display Monitor in 24” and 27” ?

So over the 27 inch which I suggested which is 27MP89HM-S you are saying this 27” 27UK650 LG model the one which you suggested, would be a better option ? but this one is way too expensive around 30K
That 27" LG is expensive at 27k & not worth that money as well. Lowest price for it I see is 24k in paytm mall, 22k on amazon once. But Acer Nitro 27" seems better for lower cost :
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07VZ5TWVV/?coliid=I2EFCKL8ZGVMS3&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Ok one more thing how and why did you zeroed in finally in suggesting the LG 24" that I suggested and not the 27" LG that I suggested or the 27" LG that you suggested ?
My internet is slow. Gave my reply for that 27" comment. Why buy that LG 27" 1080p at 27k when you can get LG 27" 4K for 30k or so?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Don't buy a 1080p monitor above 15k and do so only if has 100% DCI-P3 with HDR10 or is running at 300 Hz with VRR (this is irrelevant in your case)

Don't buy a 1080p monitor above 15k and do so only if has 100% DCI-P3 with HDR10 or is running at 300 Hz with VRR (this is irrelevant in your case)

I could only find 1 1440p monitor under 20k, that Acer 32". List others, if you know any. 1080p 240Hz IPS is also rare. The Acer Nitro 27" 1080p has HDR10 but no mention of DCI-P3, just 99% sRGB coverage at 400nits.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I could only find 1 1440p monitor under 20k, that Acer 32". List others, if you know any. 1080p 240Hz IPS is also rare. The Acer Nitro 27" 1080p has HDR10 but no mention of DCI-P3, just 99% sRGB coverage at 400nits.
I meant expensive 1080p monitors would be professional designer grade probably and AOC CQ27G1, Acer V277U, VG270U are cheapest 1440p non-TN monitor I can find around $300.

$?? Indian market models & pricing are different from their US/EU counterparts.
+1

That is why I said most high end monitors here are gaming ones. I have seen professional grade monitors on sale in US, but India lacks options in these respects as usual because of lower demand compared to US.

I meant expensive 1080p monitors would be professional designer grade probably and AOC CQ27G1, Acer V277U, VG270U are cheapest 1440p non-TN monitor I can find around $300.
Acer VG271U is indeed available here & goes for about 25k on sales on amazon but I doubt 1440p would benefit OP much as most movies & videos are 1080p or 4K. So better he buys a cheap 24" (under 15k) or the 27" Acer VG270P (18-19k) for better quality IMO.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Acer VG271U is indeed available here & goes for about 25k on sales on amazon but I doubt 1440p would benefit OP much as most movies & videos are 1080p or 4K. So better he buys a cheap 24" (under 15k) or the 27" Acer VG270P (18-19k) for better quality IMO.

Also the other problem is since I am gonna be using this external Monitor attaching to the iPad and the iPad does not support anything above 1080P in some cases 4K ( Though I am not really sure about this) even the YouTube APP on iPad only plays max 1080P so I am wondering what would I do buying a 1440P or a 4K Monitor when the source does not support it. Even Netflix on iPad does not have anything above 1080P ! So does Apple's own APP to Rent and Buy Movies they all only support 1080P resolution at the moment. So does it make any point? to buy a Monitor more than 1080P at the moment ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also the other problem is since I am gonna be using this external Monitor attaching to the iPad and the iPad does not support anything above 1080P in some cases 4K ( Though I am not really sure about this) even the YouTube APP on iPad only plays max 1080P so I am wondering what would I do buying a 1440P or a 4K Monitor when the source does not support it. Even Netflix on iPad does not have anything above 1080P ! So does Apple's own APP to Rent and Buy Movies they all only support 1080P resolution at the moment. So does it make any point? to buy a Monitor more than 1080P at the moment ?
Youtube does not support more than 1080p resolution on apple devices because google uses VP9 codec for greater than 1080p resolution & this codec is not supported by Apple. The usual HEVC/h265 & h264 codecs are supported though. As for netflix again the max supported resolution is 1080p on apple mobile devices but it seems 2018 ipad pro models can play 4k videos when connected to a 4k monitor.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
but it seems 2018 ipad pro models can play 4k videos when connected to a 4k monitor.

I have the 2018 iPad Pro, so yes iPad Pro can play 4K video on an external Monitors if you have a 4K content in your Device, But as far as any Streaming APP is concerned like Netflix, YouTube, (Apple's own ) TV APP in the iPad none of them offer content higher than 1080P. And to get your personal 4K content on the iPad first to stream it on a 4K Monitor is frankly madness, who is gonna do such a big exercise ? Unless I torrent 4K stuff on a PC or a MAC.

Not much idea about Apple products. Since you said earlier that it will be a secondary screen, 1080p will do just fine & easily fits your budget of 20k, even if you go for the 27" Acer VG270P. Or just save money & get the 24" Acer or LG.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Not much idea about Apple products. Since you said earlier that it will be a secondary screen, 1080p will do just fine & easily fits your budget of 20k, even if you go for the 27" Acer VG270P. Or just save money & get the 24" Acer or LG.

But do you agree if I am not gonna find enough content above 1080P from the Streaming Websites there is no point buying a Monitor above 1080P ?

But do you agree if I am not gonna find enough content above 1080P from the Streaming Websites there is no point buying a Monitor above 1080P ?
4K is the future for video contents, everyone is shifting towards that. So in a few years almost all online content will have 4K, like 1080p is now & 8K will be the new emerging trend. But 1440p contents don't have a bright future other than youtube, that is why I said 1440p isn't that useful for you. I'm not sure if you can stream 4K content to a 4K monitor from iPad, but provided you can & you have good enough internet, 4K videos do look better than 1080p.

As I said earlier, a 4K TV at 25k literally is the best option for media consumption. I have a friend who wall mounted a TV in his bedroom on a shared flat, so it is possible to make space for it usually & that would be my top choice for media consumption as connecting iPad to monitor is not so convenient. I'm not sure if protected content from amazon prime, etc will work as it does not work for wireless cast (maybe just a restriction for wireless casting).

Considering your requirements, a 24" monitor at 12k or so is enough IMO.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
4K is the future for video contents, everyone is shifting towards that. So in a few years almost all online content will have 4K, like 1080p is now & 8K will be the new emerging trend. But 1440p contents don't have a bright future other than youtube, that is why I said 1440p isn't that useful for you. I'm not sure if you can stream 4K content to a 4K monitor from iPad, but provided you can & you have good enough internet, 4K videos do look better than 1080p.

As I said earlier, a 4K TV at 25k literally is the best option for media consumption. I have a friend who wall mounted a TV in his bedroom on a shared flat, so it is possible to make space for it usually & that would be my top choice for media consumption as connecting iPad to monitor is not so convenient. I'm not sure if protected content from amazon prime, etc will work as it does not work for wireless cast (maybe just a restriction for wireless casting).

Considering your requirements, a 24" monitor at 12k or so is enough IMO.

So which would be the best place to buy this Online and offline I am in Mumbai ? Which also offers very good price ?

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
If in Mumbai then forget about buying anything electronics for next 1-2 months because of lockdown.

So unless you have a Government of India 100% Inside Scoop we all are doing speculation and I have had enough of it, and I do not want to hear more of it. You are not the only one living in this Lock Down it is around 1.2 or 1.3 Billion so...enough said :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So unless you have a Government of India 100% Inside Scoop we all are doing speculation and I have had enough of it, and I do not want to hear more of it. You are not the only one living in this Lock Down it is around 1.2 or 1.3 Billion so...enough said :)
My friend is currently in Mumbai(~near to Mumbai Airport area) & as per him situation doesn't look good enough for delivery of non-essential items to start before May/June end.

Top Bottom