Best LG IPS Display Monitor in 24” and 27” ?

augustya

Journeyman
Hello Guys,

I need some recommendations, I need some advice, I am actually looking out for a good Monitor to conenct with my iPad Pro. I want a Monitor which is strictly an IPS Panel Display it can be between 24 inches to 27 Inches not more than that. Should have inbult speakers, And should have USB-C Port to connect to the iPad Pro I would like to ask you guys within this requirement that I have mentioned should I be looking out for a Wide View Monitor or just a normal flat screen Monitor. Yes the important thing is it should be atleast Full HD i.e.1080P atleast.

I am looking out for something from LG Brand, I believe LG makes some of the very good IPS Panel Monitors. So I have already shortlisted one model in LG can you guys tell me if this would be a good model or not ? I have kind of shortlisted this model in the 24 inch category. The Model that I have shortlisted is LG 24MP88HV-S Here is the link to that

LG 24MP88HV : (24) Virtually Borderless IPS Monitor | LG India

but I am also looking out for some recommendations in the 27 inch category preferably from LG only.

Can you guys suggest me something guys ?

Thanks

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Fill this please:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-tv-monitor-purchase-queries.185969/

Here you go...

1. Budget? - below 20K
2. Display type and size?- IPS Panel atleast full HD 1080p Display (Flat or Wide or Ultra wide don’t know)
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? -Monitor but will be used for lots of Video/Movie Watching
4. Types and number of ports required?- USB-C Mandatory but if Thunderbolt 3 also (That will be Welcomed)
5. Preferred choice of brand? - LG or Samsung
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? - LG 24MP88HV : (24) Virtually Borderless IPS Monitor | LG India
7. Any other info that you want to share. - Should not look Pixelated and should be great in Video and Movie Watching

Thanks

Last edited:
Not possible to get type C port on a monitor in India, at least a good one for cheap. Get a dongle like you have to with Apple products rather than keeping that as a priority.

Also why just LG?

The model you linked to doesn't seem worth its price at 18k or 14k (amazon price). There's an Acer Nitro gaming monitor for under 20k which has 27" 1080p 144Hz panel, that will be better than that as that LG one has low brightness. For watching movies, you can also consider VA panels, they have superior contrast ratio. Most good monitors are gaming monitors here because people rarely buy monitors for professional work in India.

This one is a 21:9 ultrawide monitor, goes for 17-19k. It has USB C & in-built speakers.
*www.amazon.in/LG-29UM69G-Ultrawide...words=lg+1080p+monitor&qid=1587099409&sr=8-26

Why not just buy a 43" 4K TV for 25k like Vu Premium when you are going to use it for watching movies/videos? With a smart TV, you don't even have to connect your iPad in most cases, just use the app from the TV, so more convenience.
Vu Premium 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India

1080p on 27" feels a bit pixelated to PC users because they sit relatively close, but will be fine for watching movies. You should be able to get 1440p monitor for 20k, but videos are mostly either 1080p or 4K, youtube has some 1440p videos.

This is a good 32" 1440p monitor, no in-built speakers though:
Robot Check

Since a monitor is not portable, you can invest 1-1.5k on a cheap 2.1 speaker system, that will provide much better audio experience than any in-built speakers on monitors or TVs. Worth thinking on this.
Buy F&D 203G 11 W Portable Laptop/Desktop Speaker Online from Flipkart.com
There might be better speakers at that price, but my friend had an F&D model years ago, it was good for 1.5k (looked similar).

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Not possible to get type C port on a monitor in India, at least a good one for cheap. Get a dongle like you have to with Apple products rather than keeping that as a priority.

Also why just LG?

The model you linked to doesn't seem worth its price at 18k or 14k (amazon price). There's an Acer Nitro gaming monitor for under 20k which has 27" 1080p 144Hz panel, that will be better than that as that LG one has low brightness. For watching movies, you can also consider VA panels, they have superior contrast ratio. Most good monitors are gaming monitors here because people rarely buy monitors for professional work in India.

This one is a 21:9 ultrawide monitor, goes for 17-19k. It has USB C & in-built speakers.
Robot Check

Why not just buy a 43" 4K TV for 25k like Vu Premium when you are going to use it for watching movies/videos? With a smart TV, you don't even have to connect your iPad in most cases, just use the app from the TV, so more convenience.
Vu Premium 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India

1080p on 27" feels a bit pixelated to PC users because they sit relatively close, but will be fine for watching movies. You should be able to get 1440p monitor for 20k, but videos are mostly either 1080p or 4K, youtube has some 1440p videos.

This is a good 32" 1440p monitor, no in-built speakers though:
Robot Check

Since a monitor is not portable, you can invest 1-1.5k on a cheap 2.1 speaker system, that will provide much better audio experience than any in-built speakers on monitors or TVs. Worth thinking on this.
Buy F&D 203G 11 W Portable Laptop/Desktop Speaker Online from Flipkart.com
There might be better speakers at that price, but my friend had an F&D model years ago, it was good for 1.5k (looked similar).

Hi !

Thanks for your suggestion, Yes if USB-C Port are hard to come by with the Monitors sold in India, will have to buy a Dongle and will have to keep the show going. No Choice there.

i am strictly looking for SLIM Bezels monitor, and Preferably IPS Panel Display and LG is because LG and Samsung are the Pioneers in manufacturing IPS Panels which are used in Today’s Mobile phones, Tablets, Computers and TV. I have done my research a bit, though I do not know about what models can I get in it, but I am sure about the thing that I am only looking out for IPS Panel Displays nothing else.

I do not want to go with a bigger display than the 27” is because of space constraint and also because it is going to be used as my secondary screen not a primary screen, so will have intermittent to occasional use do not want to spend too much on a product which I will use occasionally.

Getting a TV is out of question, not at all on my Radar.

The LG 29 Inch Model that you have suggested is way too big for me, and does not have slim bezels so doesn’t quite tick my check boxes

Same is the case with Acer almost a 32” Monitor is way way too big for my requirement is more than what I want.

Can you suggest any other model in the 24 or 27 Inch category ? with Slim Bezels and is strictly an IPS Panel Display preferably from LG ?

Also the same with buying external speakers, have bunch of speakers already ranging from Bluetooth and also Hi-Fi Airplay Speakers I think I have had enough with buying various types of seakers that’s it for Speakers at the moment.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Preferably IPS Panel Display and LG is because LG and Samsung are the Pioneers in manufacturing IPS Panels which are used in Today’s Mobile phones, Tablets, Computers and TV.
Actually only LG is the expert in IPS panels, samsung is known for its VA panels & in mobile phones it is known for its amoled screens(there are no samsung TVs & phones with ips screen as far as I know).

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Actually only LG is the expert in IPS panels, samsung is known for its VA panels & in mobile phones it is known for its amoled screens(there are no samsung TVs & phones with ips screen as far as I know).

In all the iPhones other than iPhone XS, XS MAX , X, XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro series all the other Previous iPhone have an IPS Panel and they all are supplied either by LG or Samsung.

I have been using iPads since 2012 and all the iPads are also IPS panel and also supplied by LG and Samsung !

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are right but samsung only supply ips panels to apple so one can't generalize based on this alone. On the other hand samsung does not use ips for even its own smartphones & TVs so that should tell you something compared to LG which only uses IPS for its TVs compared to samsung which only uses VA for its TVs. It is widely accepted that as far as big screens/monitors/TVs are concerned LG is expert in IPS tech while samsung is expert in VA & OLED(mobile screens etc) tech. Though LG OLED TVs are also considered best while ironically samsung did not adopt OLED for their TVs instead ging with QLED though now things seems to be changing a bit.
*www.cnet.com/news/how-samsungs-qd-oled-hybrid-could-take-on-lg-for-tv-supremacy/

I don't understand the concept of slim bezels, as almost all bezels on LCD monitors are slim enough for me. Just buy anything that catches your eye then.

For good monitors under 20k, look at these two:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07WLW8QWN/?coliid=I7HN4E9RUXTZG&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it (14-15k)
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07VZ5TWVV/?coliid=I2EFCKL8ZGVMS3&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it (18-19k)

As I said earlier, most people buying such high-end monitors are gamers, so good monitors are usually gaming monitors. Use a speaker that you already have.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
You are right but samsung only supply ips panels to apple so one can't generalize based on this alone. On the other hand samsung does not use ips for even its own smartphones & TVs so that should tell you something compared to LG which only uses IPS for its TVs compared to samsung which only uses VA for its TVs. It is widely accepted that as far as big screens/monitors/TVs are concerned LG is expert in IPS tech while samsung is expert in VA & OLED(mobile screens etc) tech. Though LG OLED TVs are also considered best while ironically samsung did not adopt OLED for their TVs instead ging with QLED though now things seems to be changing a bit.
*www.cnet.com/news/how-samsungs-qd-oled-hybrid-could-take-on-lg-for-tv-supremacy/

What are we discussing here ? what is your point ?

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
I don't understand the concept of slim bezels, as almost all bezels on LCD monitors are slim enough for me. Just buy anything that catches your eye then.

For good monitors under 20k, look at these two:
Robot Check (14-15k)
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07VZ5TWVV/?coliid=I2EFCKL8ZGVMS3&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it (18-19k)

As I said earlier, most people buying such high-end monitors are gamers, so good monitors are usually gaming monitors. Use a speaker that you already have.

Between these two if you have to take call which one based on just specs look good to you ? barring the screen size ?

Attachments

• LG 24 & 27 Inch Comparison.pdf
    97.1 KB · Views: 179
This one has a speaker & should be sufficient for you, compared to the other 24" 144Hz one mentioned earlier:
*www.amazon.in/Acer-VG240Y-bmiix-FR...lt+speaker&qid=1587126144&s=computers&sr=1-22 (10-11k)

Between these two if you have to take call which one based on just specs look good to you ? barring the screen size ?
The 24" LG is fine for 14k, the other one is a waste of money when this one exists for 30-33k or you can buy Acer Nitro 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor for 25-26k:
*www.amazon.in/LG-inch-68-58-Gaming...+4k+monitor&qid=1587126605&s=computers&sr=1-1

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
This one has a speaker & should be sufficient for you, compared to the other 24" 144Hz one mentioned earlier:
Amazon.in: Buy Acer Nitro VG240YB 23.8 inch Full HD IPS Monitor with FHD Webcam & AMD Radeon Freesync Technology (1ms VRB, 75Hz Refresh, 1 x Display 1 x HDMI and 1 x VGA Ports) Online at Low Prices in India | Acer Reviews & Ratings (10-11k)

actually the problem with this one is between this one and the lg 24” inch there is no difference actually, both have same brightness which is 250 nits but considering lg has a better ancestory in terms of IPs panels i would rather prefer lg 24” over this acer 24” what do you think ?

and the earlier Acer Nitro monitor that you suggested in your very first reply, that does have a better contrast and brightness but like I said then, it appears way too big for my requirement.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
The 24" LG is fine for 14k, the other one is a waste of money when this one exists for 30-33k or you can buy Acer Nitro 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor for 25-26k:
Robot Check

So over the 27 inch which I suggested which is 27MP89HM-S you are saying this 27” 27UK650 LG model the one which you suggested, would be a better option ? but this one is way too expensive around 30K

actually the problem with this one is between this one and the lg 24” inch there is no difference actually, both have same brightness which is 250 nits but considering lg has a better ancestory in terms of IPs panels i would rather prefer lg 24” over this acer 24” what do you think ?

and the earlier Acer Nitro monitor that you suggested in your very first reply, that does have a better contrast and brightness but like I said then, it appears way too big for my requirement.
How does ancestor matter? Acer is a big reputed company, not something like Viotek, etc. Moreover, you are buying for watching movies, not editing videos. The LG might have better calibrated colours, so will look closer to natural ones, but don't know. Both have similar sRGB coverage, are 250 nits & contrast should be similar as well (both are IPS, so somewhere near 1000:1). So for watching movies both might end up looking similar IMO. For peace of mind, get 24" LG if you want.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
I am saying you don't have to choose between lg & samsung for ips monitors as there is no samsung ips monitor for your usage scenario.

You digressed on to the point that Samsung does not make any IPS display for phones hence just pointed out the fact. Had you specified for Monitors that would have ended the discussion there.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
How does ancestor matter? Acer is a big reputed company, not something like Viotek, etc. Moreover, you are buying for watching movies, not editing videos. The LG might have better calibrated colours, so will look closer to natural ones, but don't know. Both have similar sRGB coverage, are 250 nits & contrast should be similar as well (both are IPS, so somewhere near 1000:1). So for watching movies both might end up looking similar IMO. For peace of mind, get 24" LG if you want.

Ok one more thing how and why did you zeroed in finally in suggesting the LG 24" that I suggested and not the 27" LG that I suggested or the 27" LG that you suggested ?

Top Bottom